+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I don't think it will happen but there has to be a slight concern that Burchnall will return, seeing that he was spotted (and recorded) at Meadow Lane recently.
    When Burch arrived, it almost felt like we'd got a Steve Evans type in comparison to Ardley, but LW then showed that there really wasn't much difference between Burch and Ardley.
    If you have a larger than life owner then it makes more sense to have a reserved character in the dugout, you need that balance, but with the owners we've got I really do feel we need somebody with a bit of oomph who can rally the troops.
    Won't be easy to fill LW's boots - whoever it is and whatever his credentials - with the comparisons that will inevitably be made.
    As I said earlier in this thread, perhaps JOB as assistant would be effective at balancing out a more reserved or inexperienced head coach. Birchnall had Doyle last time, who didn't seem to do or say anything. Polar opposite to JOB.

Not that I'd particularly want Birch back. He left us for FGR for god's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Notts media team have been missing all this week.
    Well to be fair to them, what is there to say? They obviously can't put out any content about the managerial situation and we don't have a match tomorrow so there's nothing to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Exactly, I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with it. So it's ok for Luke to say he wants to leave but not ok for us to talk about his replacement? **** that. We're Notts County not Luke County.
    I must have missed that! - when exactly did Luke say he wants to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Come on Notts media team! Sort it bloody out, we should know before the general public, this has become agonising and farcical
    Why? We are the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I must have missed that! - when exactly did Luke say he wants to leave?
    When he accepted the Swansea job.

We are stakeholders invested in the club over many years, financially, emotionally, physically, there is a difference

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Someone just posted "confirmed" so presume LW there
    Press conference at 2pm?

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    We are stakeholders invested in the club over many years, financially, emotionally, physically, there is a difference
    So how do they tell us without telling the general public?

Kent you are just picking fault for no reason! By announcing it first on Notts website no on rumour mill sites

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    When he accepted the Swansea job.
    Luke has never said “I want to leave Notts” - he was approached by Swansea who have offered him a salary probably somewhere in the region of £1m a year, why would he not consider it?. If you had a job that whilst you enjoy it you were offered that kind of salary to move, would you not consider it?. Good luck to the guy, it if did fall through then great, a bonus for us.

Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast