+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Going to be some quiet chuckles everytime Swans lose.
    Mine wont be quiet. Will love it

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Feck it. Who can we poach & pay compensation to?
    Luke Garrard at Boreham Wood?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I'm not surprised at all tbh. He was practically begging for the job a couple of weeks ago in a press conference. From what i gather LW has wanted out for about 2 months. I was told he applied for the Oxford job, and it was them that turned him down.
    I don't think it is something you would go around telling people that you had applied for a job when under contract

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Worst case scenario isn’t it really, unless he take Macca with him too.

He’s been amazing for us, on the pitch and off it. I almost dread to think where we’ll end up now…..are we allowed to revisit our league predictions?!
    Just dragged that thread back up if the worst happens.

After defeat to Crewe in November LW said
    "I don’t want to think of myself as someone who is made of sugar. It’s tough at the moment but we have done well up to this point, so if we can’t stand up to the challenging moments, then we’re not the team that we thought we were."
    I thought there was absolutely no way he would leave until he had sorted us out.
    But with just 12 points in our last 11 games it shows how wrong I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I'm not surprised at all tbh. He was practically begging for the job a couple of weeks ago in a press conference. From what i gather LW has wanted out for about 2 months. I was told he applied for the Oxford job, and it was them that turned him down.
    Wonder if our targets in the Janny tranny window made Lukey think "Ferg it, I'm off". He did drop that one out about, "If the club is ambitious enough, we'll be OK."

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Mine wont be quiet. Will love it
    And me.

I wanted IB to fail miserably when he went to FGR but I feel totally the opposite about LW. For both his personal and professional life, it’s a good opportunity and I wish him all the best.

Luke Williams deserves this opportunity.
    I do feel if the club had addressed the defensive issues and automatic was a distinct probability, he may have stayed. His impending departure leaves me with the feeling he didn't think we have enough to get up this year, so he will take the opportunity whilst it's presented. I wish him well, a seemingly honest and genuine man who has done well for the club the fans and his players.
    You can be absolutely sure that if he does go, Langstaff and Jones in particular would be happy to link up with him in the future with Palmer another who has excelled under his leadership.
    What he won't have at Swansea is the appreciation he has of the supporters. He alluded to it last week, when he said we don't expect to win every game. I might be blowing our own trumpet here but Notts fans are a different class.
    Having had the pleasure of attending Swansea games, they like their North Wales counterparts are nasty whiny shysters with a massive inferiority complex.

Trust in Radar and The Bros.
    We are Notts County!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Season done, players will want away
    This is what I am worried about plus will he take macca with him.

Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast