+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

King Luke to Swansea

I tend not to listen to hearsay that much, but there's absolutely loads of stuff going around now about LW joining Swansea as manager.
    Some of it is just tweeting, but there are other sources that seem more solid. Anyone else seen, heard, bothered, worried? I certainly am!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-01-2024 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Removed question mark from title while chopping onions

Not bothered at all, if he goes fair play to Luke, if he stays also fair play to Luke. I have said many times the Owners and the set up are the most important things, players and managers can be found to fit the plan, simpla as

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Not bothered at all, if he goes fair play to Luke, if he stays also fair play to Luke. I have said many times the Owners and the set up are the most important things, players and managers can be found to fit the plan, simpla as
    Oh crumpets. Not sure if 'not bothered' is the right answer. I agree with you in terms of the owners and the plan, but surely, Luke for another couple of seasons at least to totally cement the identity?

Amazing how people forget the good times so quickly!!!

I hope Luke stays but if a better offer comes in fair play to him, Either way with or without him we be will ok.
    Nobody has forgot the good times, but that was then, now is now, we cant live in the past

I don’t know how many times people have to listen to him in his interviews….he hopes to be in the job for the journey/ many seasons to come. Wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with some on here; flapping about like old chooks.

I hope Luke stays but if a better offer comes in fair play to him, Either way with or without him we be will ok.
    Nobody has forgot the good times, but that was then, now is now, we cant live in the past
    Don't agree sorry. It's not the past at all. There's been a bad run but LW will at least see us to mid table/going for playoffs this season, which in the first season back, is very commendable. I think we need to continue stabalising. I predicted top 10 and build at the start of the season, which I would have been happy with. Its likely we'll be in the playoff mix, which is a huge achievement after getting promoted from the NL.

Anyway. I think the dip is over for now. We'll string together a bit of a run and we'll hang in there (top 7) at the end of season.

So to say you're not that bothered demonstrates you're a knee jerk supporter. Sorry.

The post was about about mancmaggie who was worried about Luke going to Swansea .Actually im not i said in the longer term we will fine with or without Luke, This season was always about consolidation , with a chance of playoffs. I would only be knee jerking if we were threatened with relegation- and i dont see that happening . I think its too soon for L1, but we still take it if it was offered .
    For me the owners and the longer term plan will deliver results. Actually i have never been a knee jerk supporter, too many managers in the past that were average to good were sacked too soon, but things are different now with the current owners, they have a plan , that even if a player or manager goes, it still continues without the whole team changing, that was both expensive and created to much turmoil

I wouldn't fall into the "not bothered if LW goes" camp, he is the best Manager we have had for a long, long time, he would be harder to replace than we may think.But, if whatever offer he got was to good to turn down i would wish him luck but still be sad at NCFC's loss.

I would definitely disagree with "not bothered" sentiments, but I'm also not losing sleep over it. If Luke gets an offer that is a real advancement in his career and better for his family and so on, then I wouldn't have any resentment towards him for taking it and he'd leave with my best wishes. It would be sad to lose an obviously talented manager, but life moves on. I trust the ownership, the model from top to bottom and I also trust that we will continue to progress whoever is in the dugout or on the pitch.

To be clear I really really really want Luke to stay for many more seasons, but ultimately he isn't beholden to us, isn't a Notts man for life born and bred, etc. If he does go I hope he carries on having a great management career and I'd always give him a good reception on any return to the lane with another team. I'd then back the new manager and believe that the owners have found a suitable successor.

For the first time in many years watching Notts I am genuinely very hopeful for the future and have confidence that one manager leaving, a star player being poached, or whatever, isn't a disaster and I get the impression the owners always have a contingency plan. Even during the good times I bet they know keep an eye on who is available and would suit the style, just in case something unforeseen happens.

Of course it would be a blow if Williams left. He is successful and popular. But we all know, one way or another, that he will go one day. I believe John Sheridan is available if needed. No, I didn't think many fancy that, which is a good sign of how much Notts have improved as a club under Bros.

Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast