+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Looks like LW is on his way to Swansea then and I'm gutted for the club but on a personal level, I am happy for LW. Must admit, I am a bit bemused by all this talk of being disappointed with him for leaving and not showing loyalty - if we went on a 10 game losing streak, would those same fans be expecting the club to show loyalty, or would he be shown the door?

I don't think any true Notts fan, once over the initial disappointment,would begrudge LW his move (for all the reasons stated prior) and will be remembered fondly for his time at the club. The Wembley win will certainly live with me forever.

However, I am also confident that The Bros will be prepared for this eventuality - only a fool would think that success would go unnoticed by clubs in higher divisions and I'm sure they will have a succession plan in place. God knows who but we have a bit of time before our next match, and more importantly before the window shuts.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I too wish him well, but I have a nagging feeling he will come knocking at our door in the future. By all accounts joining an unstable club, with a fan base not much bigger than ours, a poor side, manic owners. I think IB MARK TWO is on the cards. GOOD LUCK LUKE
    I wish him nothing but the very best in life. He deserves it. But as a partisan football fan I'd like it if Swansea goes tits up.

Swansea have always been another Bristol Rovers for us, haven't they? Going back to when we were promoted with them and West Ham in 1981. Toshack slagging us off and them taking all the attention in the top flight while we were doing pretty well ourselves. Disliked them ever since.

If it goes badly, LW would be re-employed in an instant and be able to have another crack at it. Maybe revisit the whole living in Newport thing for someone who wants a management career in the English football league.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 04-01-2024 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    My dream would be that our analyst Joao Alves is another Jose Mourinho, who also started in video analysis.
    The acknowledged best coach in the NBA, Eric Spoelstra also started in the video room. Nobody will understand the system more than Alves...

Nonsense and a complete fantasy I know, but it's a gut punch when you lose the best manager we've had in many a year.
    I think you might be onto something here mate ha ha. You never know who you've got waiting in the backroom staff, as you say could be an untapped gem. Ardley kept us going at a bad time, will always respect him for that. Then Burchnall installed a passing based game. Luke took it up a notch and has left us in a good position. The next person could again make us better, maybe in defence or abit tougher in regards to getting into their attacks.

If we are to be known as a club that will give that talented coach their first managers job then you never know who we might get. As I say I will always hope Luke does well, he seems a good man and got us out the bottleneck. He's moved on and so must we. I am now more interested in who we'll get and how we're going to strengthen the team.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I wish him nothing but the very best in life. He deserves it. But as a partisan football fan I'd like it if Swansea goes tits up.

Swansea have always been another Bristol Rovers for us, haven't they? Going back to when we were promoted with them and West Ham in 1981. Toshack slagging us off and them taking all the attention in the top flight while we were doing pretty well ourselves. Disliked them ever since.

If it goes badly, LW would be re-employed in an instant and be able to have another crack at it. Maybe revisit the whole living in Newport thing for someone who wants a management career in the English football league.
    The way Swansea seem to conduct business, he won't strengthen the squad in January and he'll be sacked by the summer sadly. Sheehan got them turning over but by playing ugly. Shame because he'd get legend status here had he done a double promotion but now it's left to another to take us on. Would I take him back? No, going on holiday tonite same place twice doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Shouldnt we afford Burchnall the same luxury.?
    Only if we want to open a zoo at the ground with a swivel eyed lizard

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Only if we want to open a zoo at the ground with a swivel eyed lizard
    Brilliant

Do you reckon Sheehan might leave Swansea? Would that be a step back to the old days though for Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Do you reckon Sheehan might leave Swansea? Would that be a step back to the old days though for Notts?
    Massive step back.

I’m hoping we have a good look at Stuart Maynard at Wealdstone, he’s worked wonders there tbf and playing very good football.

Sources are telling me we will indeed be looking at the NL

Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast