+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do we need and Who might be available

What do we need and Who might be available

Not sure what or if any money is available. If we need a centre forward my choice would be Antonio from West Ham - he is based in Manchester and is a player seemingly wanting out. He is a bully and a goal scorer. Also said it before what about Deli Ali or Jesse Lingard on short term contracts?

I can't see us buying any short-term fixes Lancy, I suppose VK might try the loan market but are the likes of Deli Ali or Jesse Lingard on short term contracts really the answer?

Doing a Newcastle and pinching the leading goal scorer from one of your relegation rivals could be a winner but I doubt the other clubs have buy out clauses like we had. (Not that Woody did Newcastle any favours)

On reflection, I thing getting Foster fully fit and Obafemi out of mothballs might be our best bit.

Might Weghorst be persuaded to turn up and show the EPL just how good he actually is?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Doing a Newcastle and pinching the leading goal scorer from one of your relegation rivals could be a winner but I doubt the other clubs have buy out clauses like we had. (Not that Woody did Newcastle any favours)
    chris, I would argue that he contributed immensely to Newcastle's survival. His defensive work, both for the Clarets and the Magpies, was never appreciated by many fans.
    They had conceded 43 goals in 20 games before he went there. In his 17 appearances that season they conceded just 20 goals and scored 20, three of which were scored by Chris. His defensive work played a very big part in their improvement with lots of aerial duels won.

I can't see much happening, we didn't spend to survive in summer, why would we do it now ? If we get any offers we can't refuse for any of our players, we might use that cash to bring some in, but I won't be holding my breath.

I did read on a Chelsea site that we were in for Mastsen and Chelsea wanted rid, then there was an identical piece where they just swapped Ajax for Burnley, so I can't take it too seriously. I still can't have Maatsen at £30 million either, that's madness, he's a £15m-£20m player at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    chris, I would argue that he contributed immensely to Newcastle's survival. His defensive work, both for the Clarets and the Magpies, was never appreciated by many fans.
    They had conceded 43 goals in 20 games before he went there. In his 17 appearances that season they conceded just 20 goals and scored 20, three of which were scored by Chris. His defensive work played a very big part in their improvement with lots of aerial duels won.
    That's exactly how I saw it mein freund and your stats seem to back up my thoughts.

Attachment 25499

"What do we need and Who might be available"

I'm afraid we "NEED A PHOOKIN MIRACLE"
    no other way of looking at it. 😒

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    "What do we need and Who might be available"

I'm afraid we "NEED A PHOOKIN MIRACLE"
    no other way of looking at it. ��
    i

What we really need are owners prepared to put some serious money into the club, the current and previous owners are/were only concerned with pocket lining.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Not sure what or if any money is available. If we need a centre forward my choice would be Antonio from West Ham - he is based in Manchester and is a player seemingly wanting out. He is a bully and a goal scorer. Also said it before what about Deli Ali or Jesse Lingard on short term contracts?
    We need imo and I’m only going over old ground a centre back in the mould of Dawson at wolves - a centre midfielder who is strong aggressive and quick - and a forward who can score a goal or two but also hold the ball up in the oppositions last third - if we can bring Amdouni into games higher up the pitch we’ll benefit from that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)