+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ?????? that was discussed on the way to the ground. they've messed him about over his contract telling him he'll have to wait or, he could be really injured but the club don't want to announce it that way. All speculation but if it is a Deon Burton and it's a pittance we receive for him seeing how he's out of contract at the end of the season, who's to blame for that? Anyway, we'll have to wait and see.....
    They say you have to wait because we don't know what division we will be in ie budget.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Sorry but who’s the lad from Forest?
    Cafu.

Just not interested

Jack Clarke is a Premier League player all day long can’t understand why he is still in Championship ? Not only that he’s good enough to b in the England set up in my opinion ! not too dissimilar to Jack Grealish. He was the only reason why we did not win that game last night !

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Not what the bookies think, now gone from 1/14 to 1/16 to be relegated.
    I presume that’s because games are running out very quickly and we’re not really clawing the deficit back.
    Hudds, qpr and swfc all have a win now and again so it’s a very tall ask

Excellent last night, the two subs up top made us weaker imo . Morrisons motm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I would sell Rathbone in a heartbeat. He will never improve beyond the level he is at now which us basically an average league 1 player.

Clucas made us so much better. His positional play was superb and he has intelligence.

Rathbone is only going to be a bench player if Clucas stays fit. Credit to LR for not mistaking Rathbone's willingness for talent.
    Thou doth protest too much.

Didn’t go to match but just reading this thread shows up some inconsistencies.

Rathbone being criticised for his “ willingness” whilst Cafu is criticised for not having any.

In my opinion Cafu isn’t on his own when it comes to a laid back approach and it’s been a contributing factor in our demise

Empty seats we're competing better now get behind the side effort they're putting in deserve it. Fans there last night I didn't hear any complaints about the display. At Blackburn hope Rathbone he's back got to go 4-5-1 give Dext some cover assuming Kioso won't return in time for that game. You could see last night we had no one to bring on to maintain standard. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Jack Clarke is a Premier League player all day long can’t understand why he is still in Championship ? Not only that he’s good enough to b in the England set up in my opinion ! not too dissimilar to Jack Grealish. He was the only reason why we did not win that game last night !
    Nah. IMO.

First of all the opposition, how are they a top end team ?
    Clarke is a very good if a bit greedy winger, but that's it,bang average.
    Richardson is slowly turning a crippled, boring half a squad into something that might win some games.
    I was worried when our heart beat,Ollie, was missing, but Clucas had a great game while he lasted, and if he stays fit is a real asset.
    Some other great performances, but Revan really stood out for me, can get forward,and most importantly he can defend, don't forget, he was up against one of the best wide men in the league last night.
    Nombe is starting to look like he's worth a million, hard working, very mobile, and gets into some good positions, pity he didn't score though.
    I Don't think Dexter is what we need right now,great feet,but no good as a defender,surely Kioso would be better.
    We are still desperate for an attacking outlet, either a winger, or an AMF,sadly Cohen doesn't fill that role.
    Be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks, think a couple of the sicknotes should be culled,replaced by players who can get us up the pitch .

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast