+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

A creditable draw against a team that were in the top 6 at the start of play tonight or two points dropped against opponents who were there for the taking? Whichever way you look at it there's been an improvement under LR these past two games and something to work with as the transfer window opens. Our paper thin squad looked just that as tonight's team sheet was announced so well done to the 15 (out of the 17 named) who crossed the white line and came away with a point.

Thoughts?

Was all over them untill they scored.

Good point but a bit disappointed.

Morrison is starting to show his worth.

The lad from forest...he not all that...but seems to be guaranteed a place in the team

Sorry but who’s the lad from Forest?

Four points in two games against play off chasing teams is a good return, particularly considering the awful injury situation.

We were very good tonight against another top team, with a threadbare team. What I like is we have learned to play from the back when required and we look very well organised. Revan was outstanding in two positions neither of them his first choice. They scored with a complete fluke, the shot was covered by Morrison and victor, to loop in like that was complete jam. Only complaint was leaving Hugill on that long, he was so bad Eaves deserves a run of a few games. LR looks to be getting the players believing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Four points in two games against play off chasing teams is a good return, particularly considering the awful injury situation.
    Not what the bookies think, now gone from 1/14 to 1/16 to be relegated.

Good performance and LR seems to be having a decent impact. We're some way adrift though and this may hinder bringing players in who may either be short term loans or those facing L1 football next term - shame, as we had the potential back in Aug to make a go of it this time around. Let's see what Jan brings re comings and goings

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    We were very good tonight against another top team, with a threadbare team. What I like is we have learned to play from the back when required and we look very well organised. Revan was outstanding in two positions neither of them his first choice. They scored with a complete fluke, the shot was covered by Morrison and victor, to loop in like that was complete jam. Only complaint was leaving Hugill on that long, he was so bad Eaves deserves a run of a few games. LR looks to be getting the players believing again.
    Derby take those welding goggles off, I know you hate Hugill with a passion but tonight he ran their back line ragged and I would say he won at least 80% of his headers. Nombe too was showing why we paid what we did for him and he's getting stronger each game.

As for the game, credit to each and every one of them. Much improved but still very iffy at bringing it out from the back though. Great effort tonight and if only Eaves had have nodded that easy header home it would have read better at full time.

If I'd have said we were going to take 4 from 6 points off Boro/Sunderland before the games were played, you'd have thought I was making it up. Well we have so credit to Leam and the lads, keep on growing.

Couldn't fault them. Only way they were going to score was unintentionally. Fans will appreciate effort put in.

We still have this negative mentality that we can’t shrug that when we go in front we all drop 5 yards deeper. We probably scored too early.

Clucas was really impressive and it was a shame he ran out of steam but Morrison was a different class. He won everything and was constantly talking to Haks and Revan.

I thought Christ has had a very good last 2 games as well.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast