+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Eaves and Kelly weakened us when they came on.
    One is league 1 standard and 1 league 2.
    Hugill is on a different level than both put together imo.
    Not for me. 3 goals in 24 appearances this season isn’t good enough. Spends far too much time on the deck.

I would sell Rathbone in a heartbeat. He will never improve beyond the level he is at now which us basically an average league 1 player.

Clucas made us so much better. His positional play was superb and he has intelligence.

Rathbone is only going to be a bench player if Clucas stays fit. Credit to LR for not mistaking Rathbone's willingness for talent.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Not for me. 3 goals in 24 appearances this season isn’t good enough. Spends far too much time on the deck.
    Agree about his goals return.
    He holds it up far better than the other 2.
    Eaves is just awful and Kelly is well not good enough.
    Playing for us in the championship you will never be prolific.

Thought i read somewhere that we have a option on rathbone's contract for another year......UTM.

If Sunderland didn't have Clarke they would be an average team. They bossed the 1st 30 mins, but we slowly got back in the game and were a bit unlucky. Scored too early, hahaha, but nearly held out until Lady BAD luck came calling again....ffs.......UTM. 4pts from 2 games?

Really entertaining game. Sunderland nowhere near the quality of Middlesboro. Teihi had another good game and I can't fault any of the starting XI. For what it's worth, I thought Hugill had one of his better games - when he puts his mind to winning headers or controlling the ball he is much more effective than in his rugby union mode! Shout out for Nombe - full of running and just a pity he couldn't beat the keeper with the one on one. Not a bad Christmas week all in all.

Oh, and I didn't detect Victor saying goodbye to the crowd so he's still ours for now!!

Hugill had a really solid impact on the game. He did win the majority of his headers, even bringing a number of balls down on his chest before laying them off etc. However, he also fell over a couple of times when he shouldn't. That is a frustrating part of his game that he won't shake free from for some reason. But to say he did nothing is a gross under appreciation. To say Eaves should start ahead of him gives me shudders. Coming from the person who says 'this is the day for Eaves' every single home game, at every corner or set piece when he is on etc. But it isn't. He's cr@p, for the most part. Cr@p cr@p. Hugill frustrates but Eaves will never ever ever ever ever be a better primary option over him.

Nombe didn't miss either, it was saved. Who played him through BTW? Oh yeah, Hugill.

Morrison immense, Tiehi excelled, Odoffin had a couple of excellent interceptions but looked out of position a few times (such is his high standards, very picky of me), Revan did really well, defended well delivered set pieces strongly (by and large), Eaves and Kelly equals diddly squat, Cafu meh, Clucas stunner, Bramall was fine but forgettable, same as Lindsay. Very fortunate with the deflection, amazed they have scored enough to be top 6 when they don't play with a striker. Extremely blunt.

Maybe it is different in person, idk. But please come and see Hugill and Eaves play on the same day. You'll be under no illusion then as to who is the better player. Night and day.

Still don't leave anyone up for corners, should we? Always a second wave when we initially clear.

Nice to not really notice ref and linos.

Great effort and some lovely football from the team tonight
    Poor punch from Viktor for their goal but he more than made up for it with some ***** saves.

Shout out to ref who was having a good game till he didn't send off Bellingham near the end.
    99x out of 100 that's a yellow card.

Tiehi is an unsung hero. He's a very good footballer and was excellent tonight. Hugill had his best game in a Rotherham shirt. A split second delay from Nombe cost us a victory but despite that he is getting to look the part. True, Clarke is a talented winger for Sunderland, but the yawning gap at right back is there for all to see. We really need an experienced tough and a bit nasty defender in there. Been saying it all season and I'm not wrong. Eaves and Kelly were bad substitutions. They are not Championship players

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Not what the bookies think, now gone from 1/14 to 1/16 to be relegated.
    Not too worried about the bookies or relegation. I think the club is at last in goods hands. All we can ask is for the club to give 100% and if the worst happens so be it and am sure we will be ok next season whatever division, although I think the Prem is looking unlikely this season.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast