+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow me to be the first to say this FARKE OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    For those who haven’t noticed.
    We are 3rd with automatic promotion out of our hands.
    Spin that and make me feel better please.
    Ok I’ll have a go.

Which of the top 3 teams hasn’t wobbled recently? It’s not just Leeds.

Study the remaining fixtures, study the last few games in the last few seasons across all 4 leagues. It’s very normal to see tension playing a massive part in fixtures. This is far from over and both you and WTF would never have thought last May that Leeds would be where they are now. Enjoy it! Farke has been a breath of fresh air and we’re lucky to have him imo. Yes he makes mistakes - he ain’t AI just yet!

Give him and the team some slack - we are still in the race for autos and you or WTF can’t argue logically against that. Enjoy it ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Err, no. He neither needs nor deserves a break, he knows what's at stake and not for the first time in recent memory we have a coach/manager without a plan (and certainly no plan B )
    You have to be the most negative feckwit I have ever come across. Live your life fella and stop depressing everyone

We would all have taken this position at this stage I suspect back in August. Yes there are frustrations but an awful lot to like too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Ok I’ll have a go.

Which of the top 3 teams hasn’t wobbled recently? It’s not just Leeds.

Study the remaining fixtures, study the last few games in the last few seasons across all 4 leagues. It’s very normal to see tension playing a massive part in fixtures. This is far from over and both you and WTF would never have thought last May that Leeds would be where they are now. Enjoy it! Farke has been a breath of fresh air and we’re lucky to have him imo. Yes he makes mistakes - he ain’t AI just yet!

Give him and the team some slack - we are still in the race for autos and you or WTF can’t argue logically against that. Enjoy it ffs.
    Go back to the end of February and particularly in response to the performance against Chelsea, and you will see that my comments were wholly positive, because we were playing in league and cup like a team who were hungry for success and promotion. I've studied the last few games from THIS season, as those from previous are irrelevant, given the enormous changes to playing personnel and our place in the footballing world. As I said in other posts, our performance is significantly worse than those who now occupy the top two places, and that of yesterday was particularly dire (as just about everyone who posts here has suggested). Before the game against Sunderland we could influence where we ended up, and that became even more the case with Leicester losing. Now we are at the mercy of other results, having to win every game simply to stay in contention (how likely is that?) and hope that the current top two fail to do the same. I don't like Leeds being a hostage to fortune when that wasn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    You have to be the most negative feckwit I have ever come across. Live your life fella and stop depressing everyone
    What exactly is negative about what I posted? Farke knew what he was getting into when he put pen to paper on his contract (insisting on being Manager, not coach as an indicator). That being so, with 5 games left, and having seen a dramatic fall-off in form, aren't fans entitled to see action taken to address that fall-off? Have you seen any such action? Have tactics (if what we see at the moment count as tactics), changed (for the better I mean!)? Have changes to team selection been made to "encourage" those who seem to expect a 1st team place to work to deserve it? Do substitutions take place at a time when the newly introduced player(s) have a realistic prospect of making an impact?

No, no, and err......no!

So what is Farkes plan, and what are the alternatives that he might be considering? At the moment I'd suggest there is no sign of either.

Negative? No, just truthful and realistic.

PS, HAzrd a guess who starts as striker against Blackburn. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding me breath.
    Last edited by WTF11; 10-04-2024 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    We would all have taken this position at this stage I suspect back in August. Yes there are frustrations but an awful lot to like too.
    Agree. A major disappointment in dropping the points we have lately. I'm more frustrated with the style of play at present. Where has that fast exciting attacking play gone that we used to overpower sides earlier on? I'm not sure if it is the players feeling the pressure and going back into their shells?...or has Farke got them playing more conservatively with possession, to ensure that we don't lose and get nothing? 🤔
    Blackburn this weekend. And they just got hammered 5 zip by Bristol! This WILL show us if we are any chance of promotion at all...

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    What exactly is negative about what I posted? Farke knew what he was getting into when he put pen to paper on his contract (insisting on being Manager, not coach as an indicator). That being so, with 5 games left, and having seen a dramatic fall-off in form, aren't fans entitled to see action taken to address that fall-off? Have you seen any such action? Have tactics (if what we see at the moment count as tactics), changed (for the better I mean!)? Have changes to team selection been made to "encourage" those who seem to expect a 1st team place to work to deserve it? Do substitutions take place at a time when the newly introduced player(s) have a realistic prospect of making an impact?

No, no, and err......no!

So what is Farkes plan, and what are the alternatives that he might be considering? At the moment I'd suggest there is no sign of either.

Negative? No, just truthful and realistic.

PS, HAzrd a guess who starts as striker against Blackburn. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding me breath.
    A dramatic fall off? The last 6 games Leeds have taken 1 pt more than their rivals… The last 12 games 1 pt more than the Farmers and 8 more than Foxes… maybe it’s just the last 2?..whatever your exact cut off, he has been remarkable since taking over, I’d like to see Joseph ahead of Barndoor and Cress ahead of Coops, but hardly makes him a dunce, and what if either young player have a poor game from a start (it’s likely to happen early in their appearances) what then?

To be fair to him he has

Got Firpo playing well
    Transformed Rutter from last season
    Got Summerville playing well
    Give. Archie lots of opportunity
    Equalled our record runs in a row
    Brought a degree of stability to last summers chaos

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    To be fair to him he has

Got Firpo playing well
    Transformed Rutter from last season
    Got Summerville playing well
    Give. Archie lots of opportunity
    Equalled our record runs in a row
    Brought a degree of stability to last summers chaos
    Albeit a couple of those mentioned have dropped off a bit in form in recent matches....but hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    A dramatic fall off? The last 6 games Leeds have taken 1 pt more than their rivals… The last 12 games 1 pt more than the Farmers and 8 more than Foxes… maybe it’s just the last 2?..whatever your exact cut off, he has been remarkable since taking over, I’d like to see Joseph ahead of Barndoor and Cress ahead of Coops, but hardly makes him a dunce, and what if either young player have a poor game from a start (it’s likely to happen early in their appearances) what then?
    Agreed, but he does need boot up hole re subs.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)