+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ❔Score, scorers and attendance predictions v Tranmere [A] 01.01.2024 [EFL L2]

❔Score, scorers and attendance predictions v Tranmere [A] 01.01.2024 [EFL L2]

Name:  Game 33.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  100.1 KB

Commiserations to Magpies1959. As someone who’s been on borrowed time for the last couple of years, I’d like to send him my best wishes and reiterate what several posters have said: positive thinking and taking one day at a time is the order of the day.

Congratulations to irishpete, who has shown everyone in the Also Rans that there are still plenty of games left to get on the leaderboard. His 40/1 correct prediction sees him enter the fray in seventh place.

Tranmere have also had a string of good results over the Christmas period. A 2-1 home win against Swindon was followed by two away wins, 5-1 at Salford and 3-0 at Harrogate.

If I were a betting man , I’d have to consider Tranmere’s odds of 21/10. Apparently, we’ve sold half of our ticket allocation, but tickets can be purchased at the ground on matchday.

Happy New Year to Pies everywhere. It will be if 2024’s results are anything like 2023’s.

Tranmere 1 Notts 2

Langstaff, McGoldrick

1,234 travelling Pies

3-1 Notts
    Langstaff x 2
    McGoldrick

Tranmere 2: Notts 2;

Macca, McGoldrick

Tough one.. storm over night will impact the pitch. It’s no coincidence that our home form is among the best in L2 as we can play on our near perfect pitch. Yet our away form suffers. I have no idea if Tranmere’s pitch is in decent condition, not been played on for a couple of weeks, so no reason it can’t be near perfect, to begin with.
    Tranmere's recent form has been promotion form in the last 4-6 weeks. So expecting a tough day.
    Heart says 1-3 Notts - Macca, Crowley and Austin
    Head says 2-2 - Macca and Austin.

Gonna have to stick my neck out and go with my heart. COYP’s

Prenton Park has not been a happy hunting ground since we were reacquainted during the Warnock era. Only 1 win (2011) in the last 12 league visits, 3 draws, 8 defeats.
    They are 5th in the current form table and are decent at home, the 8th best home record in the division. 21st in the away table.

A tougher fixture than their current league position would suggest.

2-2

Tranmere 1-3 Notts

Tranmere 2 Notts 3
    McG Macca Jones

Surprised and depressing to see how much better Tranmere have done in the pyramid since the 3rd season after we beat them in the 1990 Play Off Final. Hopefully we're now just beginning to put this right.

Tranmere 2-1 Notts. Austin.

As others have said a tougher fixture than the table suggests as Tranmere have picked up recently and are getting some good results.

However after the past three games we should fear nobody and go there with confidence.

Tranmere 1-2 Notts County
    McGoldrick, Crowley

Attendance; 3,200 Notts fans

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast