+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fermer's Game

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    Agree lack of care and extenuating circumstances. All of Scotland have had above average rainfall since October (and before) but the West Coast and Isles only a very little above average, the Central Belt more but still not enormously above average. The East Coast, however, have had markedly more rain than normal a very significant increase more than other areas of Scotland due to the rain coming from the East which is not unheard of but unusual compared to the prevailing direction of our weather in these parts usually from the West. AND Dundee and Angus have received significantly more rain in proportion and against historical records than even the much harder hit than normal East Coast. Now some will say Arbroath will manage to have its game on today but comparisons between their sand based pitch and our, albeit under performing pitch, doesnt hold water (unlike Dens). To repeat lack of care definitely but other circumstances have contributed.
    18 league clubs I'd class as east/east coast

Linda's fixes are sticking plasters to cure leprosy

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    That's good research Islay - checking the St Johnstone website to find information that everyone already knows was an excellent use of your time.
    Plus 0.5p to Dee4life.

Agree lack of care and extenuating circumstances. All of Scotland have had above average rainfall since October (and before) but the West Coast and Isles only a very little above average, the Central Belt more but still not enormously above average. The East Coast, however, have had markedly more rain than normal a very significant increase more than other areas of Scotland due to the rain coming from the East which is not unheard of but unusual compared to the prevailing direction of our weather in these parts usually from the West. AND Dundee and Angus have received significantly more rain in proportion and against historical records than even the much harder hit than normal East Coast. Now some will say Arbroath will manage to have its game on today but comparisons between their sand based pitch and our, albeit under performing pitch, doesnt hold water (unlike Dens). To repeat lack of care definitely but other circumstances have contributed.
    Home games at McDiarmid Park and Tannadice have not been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
    John Nelms should forget about his new stadium development vanity project at Campy Nou and spend substantial sums of money getting the Dens Park pitch drainage system problems sorted once and for all.
    Goodness knows when this game is going to be played as we now have three postponed league games to be played before the split after the first week in April.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Home games at McDiarmid Park and Tannadice have not been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
    John Nelms should forget about his new stadium development vanity project at Campy Nou and spend substantial sums of money getting the Dens Park pitch drainage system problems sorted once and for all.
    Goodness knows when this game is going to be played as we now have three postponed league games to be played before the split after the first week in April.
    I agree about spending money on Dens. It is an embarrassment. I've watched the weather, both forecasts and data from the past few months, and as I have posted elsewhere take nothing away from the lack of investment and pathetic state of our pitch but we have been very unlucky that the worst weather spells have fallen on numerous occasions on the overnight before and run up to a game. Dundee United and St Johnstone who may well have better pitches than us have however not been subjected to nearly the same extent to bad weather so close to match day. Aberdeen cited difficulty in folk getting safely to their recent home game as the reason that their game was off but Pittodrie was not playable that day. Also St Johnstone played recentkly at home on a park in far worse conditions to that at Dens when the Aberdeen game was called off. That was down to two referees with differing opinions as to what is playable in a wet Scottish winter.

Your research is usually spot on but we have FOUR postponed games to fit in. Aberdeen home and away, Hearts away and St Johnstone home.

Hearts Away is already scheduled for Tue 23rd Jan

I agree about spending money on Dens. It is an embarrassment. I've watched the weather, both forecasts and data from the past few months, and as I have posted elsewhere take nothing away from the lack of investment and pathetic state of our pitch but we have been very unlucky that the worst weather spells have fallen on numerous occasions on the overnight before and run up to a game. Dundee United and St Johnstone who may well have better pitches than us have however not been subjected to nearly the same extent to bad weather so close to match day. Aberdeen cited difficulty in folk getting safely to their recent home game as the reason that their game was off but Pittodrie was not playable that day. Also St Johnstone played recentkly at home on a park in far worse conditions to that at Dens when the Aberdeen game was called off. That was down to two referees with differing opinions as to what is playable in a wet Scottish winter.

Your research is usually spot on but we have FOUR postponed games to fit in. Aberdeen home and away, Hearts away and St Johnstone home.
    I had forgotten about the Hearts game which was cancelled because Hearts were playing in a league cup semi final the same weekend.
    We then took the opportunity to move an evening home game with Livingston during December to the same weekend as we were due to play Hearts at Tynecastle.
    Thanks to the current state of the Dens Park pitch I now scan the weather forecast for days before a home game and if a period of rain is not forecast for the Dundee area the night before a home game I purchase my ticket.
    I normally purchase my ticket on the day before a home game as there are problems getting it refunded if the game is cancelled because of weather conditions or a waterlogged pitch.
    Last season I was told in the ticket office that no refunds were issued until after the rearranged game had been played.
    This season I was told that if a home game is cancelled refunds will only be issued after the date if the rearranged game has been announced on production of your ticket for the original game.
    This gives me the impression that the management of Dundee Football Club are only interested in season ticket holders because they get their money up front usually before the start of each season.

In my opinion John Nelms should get DynoRod in to clear the drains underneath the Dens Park pitch.

Plus 0.5p to Dee4life.
    I'm sure they're very grateful for that 0.5p.

Do another 199 researches and they'll receive a whole pound. At 30 minutes per research it'll only have taken you 100 hours, 12.5 working days or 2.5 working weeks, to earn that £1 for them.

An excellent use of your time.

In my opinion John Nelms should get DynoRod in to clear the drains underneath the Dens Park pitch.
    That'll solve all our drainage problems in one fell swoop - I wonder why nobody at Dens has thought of that one yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)