+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official January Window Including Speculation And Rumour Thread

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Here’s the first CB rumour.

Donovan C. Pines
    (age 25)
    From Clarksville, Maryland, United States
    6 ft 5 CB.

Donovan Pines played for the Maryland Terrapins men's soccer team and is currently a professional soccer player on the roster of D.C. United.

Pines also previously played college soccer for the University of Maryland, and for D.C. United's Academy. His father is current University of Maryland president, Darryll Pines.

Fits the spreadsheet lol.
    Lots of whoops and high fives if we get this guy onto our roster. Neill's and JAQ's inside knowledge of the US scene obviously coming in

Go, Go Dono !

Somebody playing games with the edit function on Wikipedia.

On his profile there he has already signed for Barnsley.

Or could it all be true ? I'll check it out with the old hags of 'Arnd Hill and ask if he is a Daryl Dike or a Brek Shea.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-01-2024 at 08:42 AM.

US international centre-back Donovan Pines has been at Barnsley FC this week with negotiations ongoing over a contract.

The 25-year-old, who is six foot five, is a free agent having left MLS club DC United at the end of their season late last year.

He attended the 1-1 draw with Wigan at Oakwell on Monday, then stayed until Wednesday before flying home as planned.

Negotiations are ongoing but the deal is not completed and he is one of several options for the Reds as they look to bring in a central defender.

Pines spent all of his professional career at DC United, other than a loan in 2019 to their feeder club Loudon United in the USL where he played against Reds head coach Neill Collins’ Tampa Bay Rowdies.

He played 87 games in the MLS, scoring six goals, including 22 appearances last year.

He has two caps for the US national team, both at the 2021 Gold Cup which they won, and was a team-mate of ex-Red Daryl Dike.

Name:  IMG_8560.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  29.6 KB

Reliable rumour then.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 03-01-2024 at 11:31 AM.

The two words "free agent" make me think this rumour may have legs.

Pines on YouTube looks a real player.
    Very much reminds me of Pinnock.

Fits the Barnsley way ….Absolutely ! Get him in cheap and “sell on” to line pockets rather than improve the roster for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Pines on YouTube looks a real player.
    Very much reminds me of Pinnock.
    I am left wondering why he is hawking himself round a Third Division club which pays relatively low wages rather than being snapped up on the roster of bigger clubs in the US of A or Europe.

Everyone is made to look a real player on their You Tube Clips Nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I am left wondering why he is hawking himself round a Third Division club which pays relatively low wages rather than being snapped up on the roster of bigger clubs in the US of A or Europe.

Everyone is made to look a real player on their You Tube Clips Nudge.
    It might be us what have made the moves to try & lure him here although I assume it will be the usual and an agent using us to stimulate interest from other clubs, there is no better way of generating interest than putting himself in the shop window & I have a feeling that a smart agent might be using us to set the wheels in motion with virtually zero chances of him rocking up at Grove st but in fairness to the club " if you don"t ask you don"t get " .

At least the suits seem to be showing some intention early in the window, if reports are correct.

Al keep my wireless switched on.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast