+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Incremental improvement, isn't that what we are looking for in 2024? It's not often we come from behind once in a game so to do it twice and even have a glimpse of a win must show we are improving. Tome Eaves has been smoldering for 18 months so is he about to catch fire under new management. Scored one and missed a couple today but at least he's getting the chances. I was going to say a free hit coming up on Friday and chance to give some a rest and play the fringe players but you only have to look at Georgie Kelly to see we don't have a fringe.

Thoughts on today's efforts?

Defence was crap for there goals.

Eaves was crap when we went forward.

2 points dropped

Leam has them believing in themselves.
    Considering the injuries this was another battling performance.
    Special mentions to Eaves and Morrison.

A fighting team. That’s all we can ask for, win, lose or draw.

We put immense effort in to keep ourselves in the game and get goals but we let ourselves down with the simplest of mistakes to give the opposition the advantage!

That said, it was a great effort and we deserved at least a point. LR has them playing energetic but attractive football and he's not prepared to sit back and defend a point.

Great to see Eaves wonderful diving header but his two other chances were easier. He looked like a striker whereas Hugill didn't influence the match at all.

Good performances all round the pitch but I don't recall seeing a poorer performance than Bramhall's today.

Unbeaten in 3 and 5 points in the locker - what's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Defence was crap for there goals.
    No they weren't. Clucas was at fault for the second.

Two bad goals we gave away but kept getting forward Eaves goal he missed an easier chance earlier. Happy enough with the point. Get Kioso McCart back tomorrow required.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Incremental improvement, isn't that what we are looking for in 2024? It's not often we come from behind once in a game so to do it twice and even have a glimpse of a win must show we are improving. Tome Eaves has been smoldering for 18 months so is he about to catch fire under new management. Scored one and missed a couple today but at least he's getting the chances. I was going to say a free hit coming up on Friday and chance to give some a rest and play the fringe players but you only have to look at Georgie Kelly to see we don't have a fringe.

Thoughts on today's efforts?
    Georgie does more in 5 minutes than Hugill in an entire season

Great team effort today
    A few players (Nombe, Haks, Cohen & Ollie) looked off the pace
    Eaves looked good
    Hugill put in his usual shift when he came on - i.e was utterly useless and gave free kicks away

Dexter put in one of the worst appearances ever in a Rotherham shirt and can't go back to Wolves soon enough for me

Viktor, Morro, Tiehi reliable as ever
    Revan OK once again
    Cafu, Arvin and Jamie looked good when the came on

But please, please, please Dexter back to Wolvers & Hugill to anywhere that will take him

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    No they weren't. Clucas was at fault for the second.
    Dexter at fault for both

We could have been 3 or 4 down in the first 20 minutes after that we did well against a very good mobile forward line for Blackburn. Silly second goal to give away what was Odoffin doing, he had a simple interception but pulled his leg back, very strange. Dexter isn’t good enough I hope Kioso comes back with the right attitude we need a right back. Morrison was outstanding again, get another CB in before stoke and that will really help us as Odoffin can give us depth in midfield. Cafu came on and looked like he was up for it, the whole group look like they believe again, and we play some football. Three games unbeaten now well done to LR. Very well done to Eaves I said give him a start and he delivered, means Hugill has to fight for his place and that will do him the world of good. Very pleased with the desire and fight, now time for the board to back LR and you never know what might happen.

Well I think we would've all taken a draw before kick off but somehow I feel a bit deflated at not winning that game. For all the posession that Rovers had it was us that had the better of the chances. Unlucky from Ollie to hit the woodwork and Eaves really should have scored on two more occasions. How he completely missed the target from one of them well God only knows. It's another good point in the bag though and we're at least giving ourselves a fighting chance of staying in the league. Keep battling on like this and who knows?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast