+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Fair play Derbymiller and others who called for Eaves, fair play.

3 unbeaten.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    You may need to re-word this as I don't know what it means

Forget it I read it wrong wasn't Rathbone.

I for one will hold my hand up over Morrison and Clucas who until this Xmas period had not contributed anything but will admit they are proving me wrong and long May it continue but you’ve got to be out on the pitch you’re no use in the treatment room the cynic inside me is it the manager change?
    Unfortunately Hall and Peltier where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    I for one will hold my hand up over Morrison and Clucas who until this Xmas period had not contributed anything but will admit they are proving me wrong and long May it continue but you’ve got to be out on the pitch you’re no use in the treatment room the cynic inside me is it the manager change?
    Unfortunately Hall and Peltier where are they?
    I don't think it's much of a surprise that with regular game time,Morrison is getting back to the player he has been all his career.The same would be said about Hall and Peltier but the problem is that none of them seem to be capable of maintaining fitness for a period long enough for them to achieve it.It could all end for Morrison within the next 2 games for example.The injuries to Humphreys and Blackett have ruined our season.If you add those 2 back into the squad along with Kioso who should never have been loaned out, the injuries to Ferguson and Green become what most squads would expect to be able to cope with.For us in The Champ,we need a season where most gambles pay off but I'm afraid most haven't and we are now where we are.Paul Davis made a good point last week........our best 11 probably stays up but we have been nowhere near fielding it all season.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Bearing in mind a lot of people on here wanted to send back or cancel the contracts of Eaves, Morrison, Revan and Clucas it makes very interesting reading how some people view football
    Probably our most influential players at the moment but, according to some, they’re no use to us

I think We should keep Dexter too
    I agree keep him, but we can’t expect a 20 yo to play every game in a struggling championship side just doesn’t hold up. We need kioso back and a CB in quickly.

Work commitments again today but from the passages of the game I got to see we were very much in it throughout and their seems to be a renewed sense of belief in players. Eaves especially so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    We will be a lot stronger at right back when Kioso is back. It was madness to ship him out to make room for what we've got
    Yep, if he actually plays to his best as he has on loan.

I think more and more people are looking at MT and realising what I, and a few others, cottoned onto very early on. He lost the dressing room in December last year and his toys out of the pram approach to recruitment has effectively cost us this season and millions in revenue and player value. He fluked a survival through warnes efforts and that's that.

I still fear its all too little too late but that's life. I think 18-24th won't change much now and it will be between the Owls / QPR and Huddersfield as to who will stay up.

He should have gone after the Millwall away game,it was an awful performance!

Great point ! BUT at his stage we need to be picking up three points, if we picked up a point a match from now on we would be no where near staying up !
    Eaves well he had 4 great chances and scored once ! simply not good enough add on the the chance he had in injury time against Sunderland and he could have won us both matches and become a hero but, simply not good enough ! Hughill no better, Kelly scored important goals but not up to this level ? Nombe the best of the bunch but also not great, nowhere near a million pound player ? So entire workforce not up to this standard. Moving on Lembasika never been a right back , weak an d lacking any positional sense cost us at least 10 points this season ? Not his fault, he his good going forward but has cost us big style. Bramall lacking in nouse slow in thought and lacking ambition, another one who has cost us many points this season ? Appiah well what can I say totally devoid of any ambition , spirit and has contributed absolutely nothing to our season ! Hall, Fergusson and Ayala = nothing zing ? That means we have played with half a team this season most of which can be contributed to MT !
    Plus points Victor has been phenomenal, nothing less can be said, Oddofin, Revan after a slow start has been great, Rathbone good but has been better, Lyndsay great but not played enough, Clucas and Morrison getting stronger each appearance, Fred started brilliant but deteriorated after his good start, Cafu ditto.
    So in short we need to find two new strikers, off load Appiah, Green, Lembasika,Fred,Fergusson, Hall, Eaves/ Kelly/ Hughill, try to renew Rathbone, Oddofin, Revan, yes I know he’s not ours, Victors contracts. Quite simple really !

Given us more hope than 3 games ago. Otherwise would have been like a slow death. Nearly 2 weeks to strengthen squad where needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    off load Appiah, Green, Lembasika,Fred,Fergusson, Hall, Eaves/ Kelly/ Hughill, try to renew Rathbone, Oddofin, Revan, yes I know he’s not ours, Victors contracts. Quite simple really !
    Bit puzzled by this
    How are we going to offload all those players? Most are either injured, on very high wages or very poor. Not easy to get them fixed up elsewhere or send them back to their parent clubs. Perhaps pay some of them off but that would be very expensive.
    The only realistic one is Kelly to go out on loan or a permanent

Revan is with us until the end of the season, so renew what?

Victor has just renewed his contract in the summer until 2025

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast