+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross-county- Aberdeen

YAAASSSSSSSSS! .... Great goal .... 3-0

Looked in total control for the first time this season with a back 4

Far more solid as well defensively with having 2 players at all times in the wide areas for the attacking overload

Just miles better in every way possible

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post
    Looked in total control for the first time this season with a back 4

Far more solid as well defensively with having 2 players at all times in the wide areas for the attacking overload

Just miles better in every way possible
    I still have the fear that he'll revert back to the 3 centre halves as soon as he can

I don’t think we started off the match (first 10 mins) particularly well but have looked in complete control ever since. A far better attitude and certainly more desire shown from the team today. Should be more, but I will take the 0-3

Penalty! .... maybe nae

FT. 3 points and a clean sheet awa fae hame ... job done

Good start to 2024. Keep it going!

Aye, weaker opposition, but it's clear that a back 4 has the whole team with a better idea of where to run/create space. Keep it that way, Barry.

Well there you go.

4 at the back.

More legs in midfield helping Shinnie out (who was MUCH better as a result), resulting in better press & winning 2nd balls.

Clarkson higher up in his best position plays his best game in ages

McGrath much more effective too.

Shame nobody had suggested any of this might be a good idea to the genius before now….. oh, wait.

Still, nice win at tough venue. Would be nice to keep it going for a while after the break too, just for a change…

I really enjoyed that, a decent performance, created some nice chances, and as others have said, seeing the best of key players being used in the right positions. Who knew?

There’s more than enough quality in this squad for this league. If we could add some more midfield bite (or just keep and play Barron) and some width, we’ll be fine.Provided we play a sensible formation.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast