+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fast losing

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sorry BT, it is VAR that should be nowhere near any football league.
    These officials have worked their way up through the football ranks to be able to officiate at the top level, however, on their way up to their current level, they have been refereeing to Laws of the Game which stood the test of time in the main, until the introduction of VAR. Since then, Laws have been manipulated and changed to accommodate VAR and the game is far worse because of it.

I know several good referees, performing at FL level, who really love the game and who have other jobs. They have no desire to obtain promotion to the top level because they will no longer be in charge.
    I agree. The problem is not referees but VAR itself. I’ve made this point on other forums and the comeback is “it’s not the fault of VAR but just the VAR operators”. Somehow the delusion remains that if they can only fix the people using VAR all will be well. I don’t think so. If VAR worked it would surely have indicated Jota dived. But it didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I agree. The problem is not referees but VAR itself. I’ve made this point on other forums and the comeback is “it’s not the fault of VAR but just the VAR operators”. Somehow the delusion remains that if they can only fix the people using VAR all will be well. I don’t think so. If VAR worked it would surely have indicated Jota dived. But it didn’t.
    VAR is a person though, isn't it? It's a person using video assistance to review a decision. There's no automated system.

It's the VAR rules which are broken for me. This "clear and obvious" thing isn't working, as both the Jota penalty and Villa's penalty against us clearly did not have enough contact to cause a foul. But it seems VAR have no choice but to agree with the onfield decision because they can see some contact.

I played in a game in which our team fielded an ex-United player who had also been capped for Wales. Three times he went down and on each occasion the referee waved play on.

The fourth time the prima donna hit the deck, the referee said to him, "Hit the bath you big girl's blouse" and sent him off.

I have often wondered if the referee could not stand Manure or the Welshman - or both?

It would be truly fantastic if we had that kind of match official now.

I always thought Var was a good idea at first, and it was introduced with good intentions, to help improve the ref's decisions.. err maybe lol.
    But that's the problem here, its being run by clueless bank manager type nobodies, who haven't got a Scooby doo what to do!. 😧

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The problem is referees, the clue is in the name, Video Assistant REFEREE. One ref is on the field, the other in a studio looking at on screen replays, the whole set up is run by Howard Webb, an ex referee. Nothing wrong with VAR itself, it works well enough in other sports, it's the clowns operating the system in football that are the problem, and they are referees.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The problem is referees, the clue is in the name, Video Assistant REFEREE. One ref is on the field, the other in a studio looking at on screen replays, the whole set up is run by Howard Webb, an ex referee. Nothing wrong with VAR itself, it works well enough in other sports, it's the clowns operating the system in football that are the problem, and they are referees.
    Here's a question then. How many changes of Law have there been in other sports in order to accommodate VAR?
    Cricket = 0: Tennis = 0: Rugby League very few that I can think of, if any: Rugby Union, no idea, however, there was confusion at the recent World Cup when some players received upgraded cards which lots of people disagreed with.

Since they started experimenting with VAR in 2016 and just up to the end of 2019/20 season there were 178 change to the Laws of the Game and their interpretation. Since then there have been quite a number of other changes, including changes to the changes introduced previously.
    It used to be a simple game which was enjoyed by plenty, however, it is now very poor show business and is full of 'ham' actors at the top level, they can't even make a dive look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Here's a question then. How many changes of Law have there been in other sports in order to accommodate VAR?
    Cricket = 0: Tennis = 0: Rugby League very few that I can think of, if any: Rugby Union, no idea, however, there was confusion at the recent World Cup when some players received upgraded cards which lots of people disagreed with.

Since they started experimenting with VAR in 2016 and just up to the end of 2019/20 season there were 178 change to the Laws of the Game and their interpretation. Since then there have been quite a number of other changes, including changes to the changes introduced previously.
    It used to be a simple game which was enjoyed by plenty, however, it is now very poor show business and is full of 'ham' actors at the top level, they can't even make a dive look good.
    Tbf sub it’s still a simple game , they have just tried to make itbfar more complicated than it needs to be.

Surely if the referee is in charge then Var can only assist him at any time - hence Jota s piss poor dive that was laughable - why was he so convinced it was the right decision- I’ll answer for you because the men in the box said there was contact and he couldn’t wait to give it instead of maybe looking at it and changing his mind.

I’m told the whole point of the introduction of Var was to get rid of doubt so everyone knew that it was fair for all that play in the games, I’m afraid for me all they’ve done at the top level is take responsibility away from the ref and they’re picking and poking into decisions he makes and yet they blatantly ignore one’s they know he’s got wrong- clear and obvious it says but only if the ref blows the rest they leave to antagonise fans who were trying to buy into the revolutionary idea.

I’m afraid they have created jobs for old rope ex referee’s commenting or not as the case maybe - I watched the three penalties ours Fulham and the other at the weekend and the pundit referee blatantly refused to have an opinion or explanation as to if he thought they were penalties or not.

It seems to me that there are an awful lot of referee’s and pundits with splinters in their backsides as they dare not get off the fence.

It’s a con a joke and a disaster on a rudderless ship that is going around in circles - pretending that they’re all amazing at their jobs and get decisions right when actually it comes back to it’s just an opinion of someone else instead of the referee - so know we have at least 4 opinions for the same decision and frame by frame joke incidents that if they’d played the game they would know are bogus at best.

I do think they’ve let the referee s off the responsibility ladder though as the boys in the box will always back them up even if you me and 3 million others know it’s a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Faith in football,i put the bindippers on for last 10 mins and first thing I see is a player going down in the area when it would have been easier to put the ball in the Net.. Couldn't believe it when the ref and VAR gave it.. the goalie never touched him and the player carried on for two yards before deciding to dive on the floor instead of putting the ball in the Net.. what a phookin joke it's becoming..
    I thought it was just me and my misted bifocals that could not believe what I was seeing Alf.It would have been easier to carry on running and probably score.That was an even more blatant dive than ours at Villa.It is corrupted.

It won't be long before another manager loses his cool in a press conference. I can see it escalating. Maybe supporters boycotting games, or public displays of protest. It's madness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)