+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll leave those that want

I'll leave those that want

To praise Nelmsy for a bit.

If folk can't see the incompetence at the very top of our club they will never see it

I just hope the incompetence of those behind the scenes dosent **** off a very good manager and pile up of games gets us embroiled in a relegation dog fight

I predict the latter will certainly happen, games in hand are no use when others are putting points on the board. Motherwell and Aberdeen will be fired right up to get level on points with us although we probably won't lose any ground on either.

They have decided not to spend on the current stadium and pitch,it's now coming back to bite them.
    The fact he probably sold a few of the £70 deal and his lack of care for our support in general he probably won't be to fussed.
    It could well impact our season tho and we could end up in a relegation battle.
    Embarrassing really.

Cudnae resist looking at long range weather forecast .....that's the golfer in me 😉........

Hearts home......5 to 6cm of snow forecast

County home......100% chance of rain.

Should be fine.

I wont disagree with you that JN has a lot to answer for. It is prudent to stop major spending on an asset that will in his eyes disappear as a football ground when (and if) we move to Camperdown. Deadlines though, have been consistently missed and the prudency disappears when we have no idea when (and if) we will ever move and money is lost on postponements, goodwill lost with the fans, and team performances that could well be affected.

I reckon the blame on this matter lies wholly with JN as he holds the purse strings. Many on here and other sites and twittery/X etc. have blamed the General Manager Greg Fenton (he can only work with the funds allocated to the job), Safety Manager Jim Thomson (not his area of responsibility) and the Groundsmen (again can only work with the funds available to them and imo are blameless and have done a heroic but ultimately unsuccessful attempts to get games on recently).

I know you Returnofrross personally blame JN and I actually agree with you there. I reckon ludicrously bad luck with the weather timings (if that heavy 10/12 hours spell of rain had come 12 hours earlier or later that pitch would have passed for today) has made JNs neglect worse and nothing meaningful can be done to the park until close season. It is a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    I wont disagree with you that JN has a lot to answer for. It is prudent to stop major spending on an asset that will in his eyes disappear as a football ground when (and if) we move to Camperdown. Deadlines though, have been consistently missed and the prudency disappears when we have no idea when (and if) we will ever move and money is lost on postponements, goodwill lost with the fans, and team performances that could well be affected.

I reckon the blame on this matter lies wholly with JN as he holds the purse strings. Many on here and other sites and twittery/X etc. have blamed the General Manager Greg Fenton (he can only work with the funds allocated to the job), Safety Manager Jim Thomson (not his area of responsibility) and the Groundsmen (again can only work with the funds available to them and imo are blameless and have done a heroic but ultimately unsuccessful attempts to get games on recently).

I know you Returnofrross personally blame JN and I actually agree with you there. I reckon ludicrously bad luck with the weather timings (if that heavy 10/12 hours spell of rain had come 12 hours earlier or later that pitch would have passed for today) has made JNs neglect worse and nothing meaningful can be done to the park until close season. It is a shambles.
    I'm gonna stop buying golf balls, it's not financially prudent......I'm never gonna lose another.

I'm not sure how ground staffs efforts can be classed as heroic......bit like NHS heroes.

Constant failure.

Our pitch even when playable is poor with players constantly slipping when turning sharply .....studs pitch.....who knows.....but I go to a lot of away games and it dosent happen as frequently

These postponements have caused a lot of money ( possibly more than to fix ) a lot of goodwill even from those more tolerant than me, ****ed off so many away fans ( less important ) and makes us look amateurish.

We are 5 weeks into winter with Feb and unpredictable march still to come, more games, less time to get pitch in respectable state between games.

Also less time for players to recover from knocks, carrying niggles while playing etc

It's poor, really poor there's no escaping from it.

I doubt anyone on here can accurately give an account on how well or not the groundsmen have done.
    Has their budget been cut?
    Has something damaged the pitch?
    Is drainage an issue that the club won't pay to fix?
    I watched a doc on Salford who get around half our ave gate and they seemed to have more covers, equipment etc to get games on.
    If yer roofs leaking and yer no spending cash to fix it,ye canna blame the roofer.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I doubt anyone on here can accurately give an account on how well or not the groundsmen have done.
    I watched a doc on Salford who get around half our ave gate and they seemed to have more covers, equipment etc to get games on.
    If yer roofs leaking and yer no spending cash to fix it,ye canna blame the roofer.
    I heard that a couple of years ago the groundsmen had their budget reduced by 25%. Money should be spent on Dens Park including the pitch not renting a suite of offices at the Gardyne Campus from Dundee and Angus College to suit another John Nelms vanity project.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    That's why it can't be classed as heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post

In my opinion Greg Fenton only does what John Nelms allows him to do.
    At the end of June 2023 Greg Fenton told the Dee4life directors that he would reply to the questions asked in a Dee4life questionnaire completed by 200 members.
    At the Dee4life AGM on 11th November 2023 it was stated that the Dee4life directors had still not received the answers from Greg Fenton as a result of the questions in the questionnaire which he had promised to do. Perhaps Nelms had told him not to answer the questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)