+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton at Home

Thought we looked knackered today, second to every ball, especially first half

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Newman didn't play today lads.
    Incredible isn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by Luggies socks View Post
    Thought we looked knackered today, second to every ball, especially first half
    A lot of passes played to marked players. A lot of passes played to where a player might get to it but was 70/30 against. A lot of passes played into nowhere land.
    A lot of bad first touches. A lot of bad decisions.
    A lot of bad football.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I thought i was usually one of the negative ranters, but reading this and i wonder if i just attended the same match!

Newman, for quick distribution to work, you need someone available
    Grimshaw was our best player today. Sublime ball for Kais goal
    Graham did ok and not his fault he is left footed.
    Holt, fouled all game, not found out.
    McMann did well today despite injured and others failing him.
    Sibbald is a one man midfield way too often. JG GET HIM SOME SUPPORT!
    Tillson, yir teas oot! Rightly hooked at half time.
    Middleton, dont see why you thought he was so bad?
    Watt was on a bad day but for the cross to Moult
    Moult has not been at it for a while and is still amongst the goals. Dont understand why he was hooked at half time, or were we playing for a draw 2nd half.
    Kai, did little wrong today and at least takes people on.

Mochrie and Glass coming on at least gave us the push forward we missed, then Sibbald got sent off, then minutes later we were behind again!

Ref was absolutely shocking today and was desperate to see a United player sent packing. Actually thought Glass had seen 2 yellows, but maybe it was Mochrie who was booked early 2nd half.

Worrying though that our 2 defeats this season were at home.
    Moult was hooked because of tight hamstring. Didn’t want to risk it.

Ref was awful but we have to be more street wise too. Seems to be every team we play against they are always in the refs ear putting pressure on them. We are too passive.

Sibbald is trying to win everything in the middle of the park himself just now. For me he won the ball and it wasn’t a sending off.

Thought we should have had a penalty too. Braodfoot was all over holt. Hand his anfms wrapped around him and ended up on top of him, but he gets the foul??

Yes decisions went against us but we were no way good enough today.

Not at the game,listened to commentary in the car. Both Willie Miller and Jim Duffy thought it was a clear penalty

A sobering post Whitfield, we are now no better than Greenock Morton.

Sad times indeed.

Unfortunately teams on our budget can't replace our better players.

Gallagher missing was key and trying to play out from the back by rolling the ball to Graham every time is a no no even if he was playing on the left of the centre backs!

Our central midfield is a disaster without either Sibbald or Docherty. I try not to overreact but I'm ok if Tilson is sent back tomorrow. Glass isn't making it. I think there is a player in Mochrie but we need someone tougher and with a bit of experience to get out of this league in there.

The reality is that Goodwin's league record is good and if it wasn't for Raith doing unbelievably well this season we can't really complain about the return so far. He does need to have a plan B and play to the strengths of the available players.

As we all know we need a decent central midfielder as we can't rely on Docherty being fit. We are all worried about an injury to Moult and a fast striker would help mix things up in the final third. We get them we go up.

If not, this group whilst not perfect can still make it and we need to get behind them. The atmosphere sounded terrible today on the livestream at least with too much groaning and frustration. The extent of the negativity on here today is also insane although I trust none of the players take notice to our rantings here.

We are a game in hand away from top of the league let's pull together and support the team. There won't be wholesale changes in the next few months whatever happens but we can do our bit.

* Not having a go at the fans who overall are turning up in numbers and away games particularly have been great. Let's not let frustration get the better of us at times though. Was over at the Ayr game few weeks ago and it was the same. We all badly want to get back up but let's encourage the team as much as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    A lot of passes played to marked players. A lot of passes played to where a player might get to it but was 70/30 against. A lot of passes played into nowhere land.
    A lot of bad first touches. A lot of bad decisions.
    A lot of bad football.
    We seem to have an inability to play a pass in front of the intended target. Always straight into feet or behind. Annoys the sh*t out of me. But yeah, so many wayward passes. Sibbald was very culpable today.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan_of_arabia View Post
    Unfortunately teams on our budget can't replace our better players.

Gallagher missing was key and trying to play out from the back by rolling the ball to Graham every time is a no no even if he was playing on the left of the centre backs!

Our central midfield is a disaster without either Sibbald or Docherty. I try not to overreact but I'm ok if Tilson is sent back tomorrow. Glass isn't making it. I think there is a player in Mochrie but we need someone tougher and with a bit of experience to get out of this league in there.

The reality is that Goodwin's league record is good and if it wasn't for Raith doing unbelievably well this season we can't really complain about the return so far. He does need to have a plan B and play to the strengths of the available players.

As we all know we need a decent central midfielder as we can't rely on Docherty being fit. We are all worried about an injury to Moult and a fast striker would help mix things up in the final third. We get them we go up.

If not, this group whilst not perfect can still make it and we need to get behind them. The atmosphere sounded terrible today on the livestream at least with too much groaning and frustration. The extent of the negativity on here today is also insane although I trust none of the players take notice to our rantings here.

We are a game in hand away from top of the league let's pull together and support the team. There won't be wholesale changes in the next few months whatever happens but we can do our bit.

* Not having a go at the fans who overall are turning up in numbers and away games particularly have been great. Let's not let frustration get the better of us at times though. Was over at the Ayr game few weeks ago and it was the same. We all badly want to get back up but let's encourage the team as much as we can.
    Good post, and agree with nearly everything but there was yet again a good turnout of 7700 today and the manager and players let them down.

Anyone...what position does Wotherspoon play and what would he bring?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)