+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Hobbies Or Pastimes

O/T Hobbies Or Pastimes

I think most people on here are of an age where they might have some time on their hands,so not counting the Millers, do have a hobby or pastime ?
    I'm a record collector,got over 3000 albums, and I've got an old Jaguar which I love taking to shows.
    When I was a kid,like a lot of people I used to make model planes, about 10 years ago I started doing this again, and about a year ago I started making model cars,which given my love of old cars,I'm surprised I never did before.
    Made 4 so far,and just completed my first motorbike, a Yamaha Virago.
    What do get up to ?
    Last edited by Townerslovechild; 04-01-2024 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Title

Fishing for me. Ex match fisherman but now pleasure fishing only. I make my own floats and did build a few rods . Coincidently, December was an amazing month for catching fish in my local ponds ( Oasis Lakes North Somercotes) Normally fish tend to switch off during the colder months .
    I have got a decent collection of mainly 60s music and due to the power of the web I have been able to source loads of previously deleted stuff.

Golf (fine weather only though)

Well, when I say golf I walk around with some clubs (and several balls). Sometimes the ball goes roughly in the direction I planned but often has a mind of it's own.

Try to get a 4 mile walk/jog 3 or 4 times a week and just recently after treating myself for my 65th with a deck, amp and speakers rediscovering my vinyl collection (only about 200 albums though).

Jigsaws or Lego for me.
    I’m colourblind so jigsaws are always fun.

I have too many pastimes really. In the past I've restored a 1957 Standard 10 and a1968 Morris 1000 but had to teach myself how to weld and spray paint.
    These days love the gardening for flowers and a double allotment that keeps us in veg for most of the year. I'm also a beekeeper the clever little blighters never ceases to fascinate me.

I find that I really enjoy gardening. I've started doing some metal work and this year I transformed a van into a camper van.

Started baking old British puddings. Early days yet but the jam Roly poly and spotted dick are too tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradgate View Post
    I have too many pastimes really. In the past I've restored a 1957 Standard 10 and a1968 Morris 1000 but had to teach myself how to weld and spray paint.
    These days love the gardening for flowers and a double allotment that keeps us in veg for most of the year. I'm also a beekeeper the clever little blighters never ceases to fascinate me.
    Bradgate have you ever got stung from the bees?
    I would never harm a bee but I’m nervous round them.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I find that I really enjoy gardening. I've started doing some metal work and this year I transformed a van into a camper van.

Started baking old British puddings. Early days yet but the jam Roly poly and spotted dick are too tasty!
    Spotted Dick my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Spotted Dick my favourite.
    It is nice isn't it. Traditional recipe. I'd never steamed a cake before!

Main hobby is watercolour painting. Until recently I supplied a gallery in my town and used to sell quite prolifically. Other hobby is based around my Morgan sports car.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast