+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Hobbies Or Pastimes

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Writing books and making music.

I've published a how-to book on living and working overseas, two volumes of memoirs and I'm well into a fourth effort - this time a novel.

This is me, my son and daughter-in-law on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0QNnHkSElU

I know it's not brilliant but there is nothing better than making music with ones family...

Oh wow CT, that's fantastic. It made me feel good watching that footage and seeing you and your lovely family looking so happy and comfortable around each other. What a lovely family, I envy you. Playing the guitar was always something that I regret never doing. I actually owned about half a dozen guitars way back in the 70's but never got serious when it came to learning how to play them, there was always something more important going on. Typical of me really, I found it difficult to concenrate on anything, except the beautiful girls of the time. I've collected vinyl records through the years but not too seriously though. I did acquire a part-collection that used to belong to a DJ in Sheffield and among the records are a few demos that have never been played but the trouble is that they don't have labels on. Who knows, there could be a rare recording among them, ha-ha. My main hobby over the last 25 years has been oil painting. I started doing the Bob Ross method, "wet on wet" which was very pleasing and fairly easy to do, but then I saw what Michael James Smith was doing and switched to his style of doing landscapes and although my efforts aren't anywhere near as good as his, they gave me great satisfaction at the results. The last two years have left me depressed and not wanting to do any more painting, all down to my wife walking out on me and not giving a reason as to why. I'm still searching for answers but I may never find any.

I hope you find the answers and I wish you well Nez.

Snowboarding
    Never thought I would move to Australia and end up living somewhere colder than Rotherham. Usually snowboard at least 40 days a season in Australia or NZ then if possible Japan when it's summer here and winter in northern hemisphere.
    Out of winter months mainly mountain biking but anything outdoors really - hiking, paddle boards, camping, bit of fly fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I hope you find the answers and I wish you well Nez.

Thank you sota, much appreciated my friend. Take care. xx

Sickening amount of talent, equipment and familial functionality there CT. I'm trying to help my daughter learn guitar and we just come to blows. And last time my wife sang I had to wrap masking tape around her head.

I love music CT. That was really good love it. I have a guitar but cannot get my fingers around the chords.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Oh wow CT, that's fantastic. It made me feel good watching that footage and seeing you and your lovely family looking so happy and comfortable around each other. What a lovely family, I envy you. Playing the guitar was always something that I regret never doing. I actually owned about half a dozen guitars way back in the 70's but never got serious when it came to learning how to play them, there was always something more important going on. Typical of me really, I found it difficult to concenrate on anything, except the beautiful girls of the time. I've collected vinyl records through the years but not too seriously though. I did acquire a part-collection that used to belong to a DJ in Sheffield and among the records are a few demos that have never been played but the trouble is that they don't have labels on. Who knows, there could be a rare recording among them, ha-ha. My main hobby over the last 25 years has been oil painting. I started doing the Bob Ross method, "wet on wet" which was very pleasing and fairly easy to do, but then I saw what Michael James Smith was doing and switched to his style of doing landscapes and although my efforts aren't anywhere near as good as his, they gave me great satisfaction at the results. The last two years have left me depressed and not wanting to do any more painting, all down to my wife walking out on me and not giving a reason as to why. I'm still searching for answers but I may never find any.
    Thanks, Nez. Family is so precious and it saddens me to know that you’re still out in the wilderness with yours. As Sota says, I do hope you find a more positive way forward. It sounds like you’ve really enjoyed your painting in the past and it would be a step in the right direction to get back to that. Maybe signing up for some art school classes would be a good move?

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    I love music CT. That was really good love it. I have a guitar but cannot get my fingers around the chords.
    Thanks, Micky. Start with D, single finger G and A7 and find a simple song that you can sing with these three chords until you can change quickly between them.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Sickening amount of talent, equipment and familial functionality there CT. I'm trying to help my daughter learn guitar and we just come to blows. And last time my wife sang I had to wrap masking tape around her head.
    Thanks, Raging. Sorry to hear about the teaching struggles. Keep the masking tape away from Mrs Pup’s eyes. Don’t want her burning herself on the iron while she tries to sing…

I’m currently trying to teach my grandson to play and it sounds like he comes from the same school of obstinacy as your daughter😄

Since retirement I've accrued several hobbies. Walking, open mike music nights, book illustrations and obviously, The Millers'.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast