+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Fleetwood v Rams

Scruffy at times but decent win

Today was about the points not the style

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Think that sums up league one football, and championship to some degree

Good job! Horrible at times...but worse for Pompey!!

Indeed thank you Chaltnum

John Wayne smiles as true grit wins the day. This division's the pits but we won so who cares, where's the paracetamol!

Very disappointed he dropped Wildsmith, and I bet it’s devastating for him, the Oxford clanger apart I don’t see any reason for it

11 + 5 in the papa roach cup or whatever it's called, I think
    So, your answer to the question is "16, not 18". As we're at the halfway point he probably is in McG territory (22 in the League, 2 FA Cup and 1 "Papa Roach" last season)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Very disappointed he dropped Wildsmith, and I bet it’s devastating for him, the Oxford clanger apart I don’t see any reason for it
    Clanger? 1st was a deflection, 2nd nit his fault so I can only think you're referring to the 3rd. As an ex keeper and a qualified goalkeeping coach. I would put him in the right position for the play. That a Derby defender then mis-heads the ball, landing it on a plate for the Posh player to score, is not, IMO, a goalkeeping clanger.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    So, your answer to the question is "16, not 18". As we're at the halfway point he probably is in McG territory (22 in the League, 2 FA Cup and 1 "Papa Roach" last season)
    16 by about half way is more than decent and reassuring in so much as it proves how signings, after a bit of a dodgy start, can come good.
    Collins has certainly joined the ranks of those I’d hate to see injured and he does bring the benefit of, fingers crossed, being both hard working and available which isn’t that common amongst our front men.

On the subject of yesterday, what is the consensus regarding the performance of our midfield? I know Bird and Hourihane managed three assists between them, that Bird’s contribution for our third was excellent and I also see that Charlie Adam is describing Hourihane as being of Premier League quality.

Personally I think that’s nonsense, that our midfield was anonymous for much of the match and defensively inadequate for the last quarter of the game, but maybe I expect too much. Also didn’t understand the dropping of Wildsmith, the subbing of Forsyth or waiting till the last moment to introduce Fornah but heh ho...we won.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)