+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matchday Thread: Fleetwood v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Clanger? 1st was a deflection, 2nd nit his fault so I can only think you're referring to the 3rd. As an ex keeper and a qualified goalkeeping coach. I would put him in the right position for the play. That a Derby defender then mis-heads the ball, landing it on a plate for the Posh player to score, is not, IMO, a goalkeeping clanger.
    You misread MA, I said Oxford not Peterborough

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You misread MA, I said Oxford not Peterborough
    My apologies young man, I did, indeed, misread.

Very disappointed he dropped Wildsmith, and I bet it’s devastating for him, the Oxford clanger apart I don’t see any reason for it
    Well you wouldn't really would you? I mean your not watching him all the time, not at training, don't know if he has a bug, a knock or whatever? I think it shows good management, competition for places and back up keepers need the odd competitive game to keep them sharp and focussed. When better to play him than against a bottom of the table team?

On the whole a good win against poor opposition, but that's football in this league and with Pompey losing, no team is running away with the league, so all to play for COYR!

One of those games where you are glad the opposition aren't all that good. Most top half sides would have made a meal of the chances Fleetwood wasted. We could have scored more but so could they. I realise you're not going to prevent the opposition getting nowhere near a shot on goal and we have managed that once or twice this season but allowing a poor Fleetwood to get as many opportunities as they did makes one question the wisdom of using a back 3. The early doors dodgy games were with a back 3. Went to a 4 when Nyambe signed and we improved. IMO, had we played with a back 4 at Fleetwood, they would have had far less of the game and far fewer chances.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    One of those games where you are glad the opposition aren't all that good. Most top half sides would have made a meal of the chances Fleetwood wasted. We could have scored more but so could they. I realise you're not going to prevent the opposition getting nowhere near a shot on goal and we have managed that once or twice this season but allowing a poor Fleetwood to get as many opportunities as they did makes one question the wisdom of using a back 3. The early doors dodgy games were with a back 3. Went to a 4 when Nyambe signed and we improved. IMO, had we played with a back 4 at Fleetwood, they would have had far less of the game and far fewer chances.
    Completely agree. Cashin in particular looks unsuited to a back three whereas he’s been an early player of the year candidate in a back four.
    Three at the back probably suits Bradley but nothing and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Completely agree. Cashin in particular looks unsuited to a back three whereas he’s been an early player of the year candidate in a back four.
    Three at the back probably suits Bradley but nothing and no one else.
    And therein lies a concern I have, I mentioned last week that, up to then, Warne had resisted finding excuses to slot his own acquisitions in. Now IMO he has

And therein lies a concern I have, I mentioned last week that, up to then, Warne had resisted finding excuses to slot his own acquisitions in. Now IMO he has
    I suspect that back in the summer Warne wanted to introduce a back three built around Bradley and was looking to raise further funds by selling Cashin. It didn’t work out and it would be a bad mistake to try and resurrect that plan now, imo.

Be better off sticking to a back four with Wilson or Smith at RB until the return of Nyambe, again imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    On the subject of yesterday, what is the consensus regarding the performance of our midfield? I know Bird and Hourihane managed three assists between them, that Bird’s contribution for our third was excellent and I also see that Charlie Adam is describing Hourihane as being of Premier League quality.

Personally I think that’s nonsense, that our midfield was anonymous for much of the match and defensively inadequate for the last quarter of the game, but maybe I expect too much..
    Because of the saddo I am I listened to both the sky commentary (live) and Radio Derby (later) and, sort of backing up some comments on an earlier thread, the insights from ex-player Malcolm Christie, who had little good to say about the midfield and described dead ball service as ‘dross’, was far superior to the sky effort, which tended to follow reputation rather than on the day performance.

If Charlie Adam thinks that of Hourihane God help Fleetwood in the transfer window, although CH did break into a sweat more than normal yesterday

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)