+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was there in 68 FA Cup Final

I was there in 68 FA Cup Final

Anyone else on here was lucky to be there and to see us win the 66 LC

I vaguely remember seeing some of the 68 final on the black and white telly with the parents. It was hardly a classic but the goal from the KING will never be forgotten

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 314
Size:  8.7 KB

I couldn’t get / afford tickets, but was able to visit a friend of my Mum who had a colour TV. I went with a friend.
    Whilst excited to see the match in colour (our home TV was a Radio Rentals black and white) I do remember thinking that the colour was strange and somewhat blurred when camera focussed on the crowd.

I was there. Saw all games home and away except away games at Southampton and Liverpool. I remember them all.

I was there with my brothers and Dad, also '54 Final against PNE, showing my age now

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    I was there with my brothers and Dad, also '54 Final against PNE, showing my age now

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Hi Tony, I heard Eddie on he WM phone in last night saying he had been to both the 54 and 68 , I thought there wouldn't be many left who could say that .
    Everyone says that 54 team was the best .

I was at the 1965 2 legged LC final, the disastrous 1966 Wembley LC final and the glorious 1968 FA Cup final. I only missed the Colchester away and the Southampton replay at The Dell. I went to Portsmouth, all three Liverpool games and the Semi against the Blues. The night of the Southampton replay I went to the Hawthorns to watch the Reserves play Stafford Rangers because the club announced they were giving vouchers to attendees of that game that guaranteed you a semi final ticket and a cup final ticket if the team progressed. That is how I got my semi final and cup final ticket. I still have the single sheet programme for the Stafford Rangers game.

Didn’t go to either finals but watched both on TV. Also showing my age BBT. That ‘54 side was a great side but it’s impossible to compare them to succeeding teams as the game today is so different to those days.

I was there! And at every round from the 3rd to the semi. For the final I was sitting half-way down the steps from the royal box. (Well, next to them, not on them you understand!) If you squint you can see me on the video as the team comes down with the cup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)