+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking

Parking

Thinking of attending the Aldershot game.
    This will be my first visit in about 10 years due to work and family commitments.
    I will also have my 5 year old son with me for his first match.

Any of you who drive to games have any tips on where to park nowadays?
    When I was a STH years ago I used to park down Colliery road (down the side of the BP). Is this still an option?

Always park alongside the petrol station along the Birmingham road so in between the motorway islands and the stadium. It’s free and easy to get back on the motorway but you need to be parked at least two hours before kick off to get a decent spot.

Hope your 5 year old enjoys the day!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Always park alongside the petrol station along the Birmingham road so in between the motorway islands and the stadium. It’s free and easy to get back on the motorway but you need to be parked at least two hours before kick off to get a decent spot.

Hope your 5 year old enjoys the day!
    Yes that's the spot I always used to park on, and like you, was always there 2 hours before KO.....this is not an option now I have the lad who has the attention span of an ADHD suffering gnat.

I was hoping as it is clearly not going to be a sell out it might be a bit quieter so could there a bit later.

Or any other suggestions would be welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BARBaggies82 View Post
    Thinking of attending the Aldershot game.
    This will be my first visit in about 10 years due to work and family commitments.
    I will also have my 5 year old son with me for his first match.

Any of you who drive to games have any tips on where to park nowadays?
    When I was a STH years ago I used to park down Colliery road (down the side of the BP). Is this still an option?
    I always park on the carpark opposite the Astle gates ,the fence and shed carpark next to McDonalds, cost £7 most of the carparks are cash only, cars are safe and nice staff .
    But beware you can't turn right towards the motorway till half an hour after the match , we go home via forge lane.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I always park on the carpark opposite the Astle gates ,the fence and shed carpark next to McDonalds, cost £7 most of the carparks are cash only, cars are safe and nice staff .
    But beware you can't turn right towards the motorway till half an hour after the match , we go home via forge lane.
    Lovely that Soulman.

How early before KO do you usually get there?

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post

Even one hour before kick off you should get a spot even if it’s not near the front. On the same road before you come back on to the Birmingham road there’s a private car back to the left - tell them you live in London and need to park near the exit if parking there!

Best place to park to get away quickly back on to the motorway!

Lovely that Soulman.

How early before KO do you usually get there?
    I usually get there just over an hour to KO,we go to the fanzone .but I have arrived late and got a spot .
    If you see me say hello , I'm on crutches , usually with our Lisa and her boys, although Sunday is her birthdat so her Hubby may taking her out . ,

Yes that's the spot I always used to park on, and like you, was always there 2 hours before KO.....this is not an option now I have the lad who has the attention span of an ADHD suffering gnat.

I was hoping as it is clearly not going to be a sell out it might be a bit quieter so could there a bit later.

Or any other suggestions would be welcome!
    Morning Barr. If you’re there early and want to occupy young un there's always the Fanzone. I've never used it personally as they're not really my cup of tea but it's open from 11am tomorrow and could be an option.

Just be aware of tomorrow's current weather forecast. Dry but with temperatures flitting between 3 and 4 degrees prior to and just after the game; and as I'm sure you'll remember it's generally quite windy there too. Hopefully we'll get a win for your lad's first game 😎.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)