+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stags

Stags

Spoke to a Mansield fan the other day, and he said at this time of year the Stags tend to get in a bit of a rut - fingers crossed!

Rather than make a prediction myself, I thought I would take one of theirs ...

"Mansfield 1 (Lucas Akins)
    Crewe 2 (Courtney Baker-Richardson, Chris Long)

First Goal: 17 minutes

Attendance: 7,454"

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Spoke to a Mansield fan the other day, and he said at this time of year the Stags tend to get in a bit of a rut - fingers crossed!

Rather than make a prediction myself, I thought I would take one of theirs ...

"Mansfield 1 (Lucas Akins)
    Crewe 2 (Courtney Baker-Richardson, Chris Long)

First Goal: 17 minutes

Attendance: 7,454"
    Trouble is that they're not the only team that regularly has a mid-season (most of winter) slump. The Alex have been playing on empty for a month now and the injury list is not currently getting any better. Add to that the fact that the expected incoming players have not arrived (better offers elsewhere??) and we're not in great shape.
    Whatever those Mansfield fans say, I can't see us coping with the Stags. 0-3.

So Thomas back and Tracey, unsurprisingly dropped.
    Imagine we'll play 3-4-1-2/3-4-3.

Well, if we lose today, CBR will have to do some apologising. His finishing today reminds me of the bloke playing RB for the opposition.

Well a truly magnificent win. Two games running a backs-to- the-wall 1-0 win. I was sceptical about the amount of space being given to Mansfield but it worked.
    The Dicker interview on OS said there was a weak point in Mansfield's play and it seemed the Alex played on it and took advantage. What's more held on. I can't get used to it. I kept expecting the 'inevitable' equaliser followed by another. But I have to realise that with this team, that goal is no longer inevitable. What a team! What a management team!
    COYR!

See, my mate was right about stags on a rut at this time of year ....

Oh, and another clean sheet for Booth ...

What a win! Real team spirit got us 3 points. Boothy outstanding, and CBR again for his defensive duties, boy does that guy put a shift in. Credit to them all. Belly, you are working miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    What a win! Real team spirit got us 3 points. Boothy outstanding, and CBR again for his defensive duties, boy does that guy put a shift in. Credit to them all. Belly, you are working miracles.
    None of us knew whether Bell would be a good appointment in the managerial role. But there were many who accused the board of lacking ambition and it being a "jobs for the boys" situation. The board obviously were privy to information we weren't because it seems to be an excellent appointment. I hope he is in the job for some considerable time because he seems to have achieved something that I am not sure I have ever seen at Crewe before. Yes, we have seen better footballers and had some very successful teams. But what Bell has achieved, and God knows what he has done to make it happen, is that he has injected a "never say die" attitude which means that we are never beaten until the final whistle goes . I have not seen todays game but as far as I can gather every single one of them, from the keeper to CBR, has battled for the cause and earned us a magnificent win at a team that may think are the best in the division. I am definitely not predicting automatic promotion or even play offs, but it is not beyond the realms of possibility. Well done Lee Bell.

Couldn't agree more 😀😀 wonder where we'd be if Alex Morris had stayed ,pretty sure not where we are now!!

Just want to add that Lee is also coming across really well in his interviews - even McGarry seems more relaxed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast