+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    JOB is also doing the job temporarily, same as when other players do it with NO badges at clubs
    JOB does have his EUFA A Licence....

Give or take the odd "strange" moments the Bros have made some very astute decisions. If it is "The Engineer" then there is no harm in approaching this decision as a potential LW moment. It's been mentioned that if you take the limited resources available to him he has done acceptably well. He's never been my choice but I haven't had the benefit of talking to the bloke, and, like everyone else, I have great faith in the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He took over from Potter in the Swedish top tier and did ok with a club in turmoil. He also had a few decent coaching jobs with big clubs, bit different from hooking up someone's broadband
    Burchnall left every club he's been at worse off than before he arrived. Ostersund he left bottom, we had our lowest ever finish and earliest play-off knockout and he left FGR rock bottom of the league.
    He's a smooth talking disaster zone.
    Maynard despite the handicap of working part time with part time players and probably the leagues smallest budget has done very well over a decent period of time.
    I can't say I'm overly enthused by Maynard but I'd take him over Burchnall, Ince, Fullarton, Nolan, Moniz, Derry, Colin Murphy, John Barnwell, Larry Lloyd and Ronnie Fenton who all came from full time football but all had massive weaknesses as managers.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Burchnall left every club he's been at worse off than before he arrived. Ostersund he left bottom, we had our lowest ever finish and earliest play-off knockout and he left FGR rock bottom of the league.
    He's a smooth talking disaster zone.
    Maynard despite the handicap of working part time with part time players and probably the leagues smallest budget has done very well over a decent period of time.
    I can't say I'm overly enthused by Maynard but I'd take him over Burchnall, Ince, Fullarton, Nolan, Moniz, Derry, Colin Murphy, John Barnwell, Larry Lloyd and Ronnie Fenton who all came from full time football but all had massive weaknesses as managers.
    I think Moniz could do a job here. His game/style was a bit too forward for the period we were in.
    I wouldn't put any other manager in the same group as Fat Larry & Murphy. Both ****ing dire

Listened to a bit of this, Maynard’s certainly aligned with the owners

https://twitter.com/tomhwilliams23/s...105040706?s=12

I think Moniz could do a job here. His game/style was a bit too forward for the period we were in.
    I wouldn't put any other manager in the same group as Fat Larry & Murphy. Both ****ing dire
    Moniz splurged our budget on sub standard has been Dutch players who were gasping for breath against Carlton Town in pre season. Not one lasted the season and all of them elect to play at a lower standard. Special mention to chain smoking Jenner who came out of retirement and Civard Sprockle who moved like a geriatric hod carrier with a back brace on.
    Against Gillingham 1-0 up and needing the win to stay up he subbed Graham Burke who was injured, fair enough but then put on the laziest player in the squad, Paddy McCourt leaving Curtis Thompson on the bench. I mean, ten minutes to hold the lead and you put on a bone idle left winger or a hard running gap closing midfielder. It was a no brainer and tactally that was Moniz in a nutshell.
    I don't think I've ever left a match unhappier than that game, we could have stayed up but to me Moniz threw it away.

Maynard sounds like a brand of dog biscuits, so I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Listened to a bit of this, Maynard’s certainly aligned with the owners

https://twitter.com/tomhwilliams23/s...105040706?s=12
    Considering when the interview was he is certainly reading off the same script as Notts (and not just saying things to fit the vacancy bill).

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Moniz splurged our budget on sub standard has been Dutch players who were gasping for breath against Carlton Town in pre season. Not one lasted the season and all of them elect to play at a lower standard. Special mention to chain smoking Jenner who came out of retirement and Civard Sprockle who moved like a geriatric hod carrier with a back brace on.
    Against Gillingham 1-0 up and needing the win to stay up he subbed Graham Burke who was injured, fair enough but then put on the laziest player in the squad, Paddy McCourt leaving Curtis Thompson on the bench. I mean, ten minutes to hold the lead and you put on a bone idle left winger or a hard running gap closing midfielder. It was a no brainer and tactally that was Moniz in a nutshell.
    I don't think I've ever left a match unhappier than that game, we could have stayed up but to me Moniz threw it away.
    He replaced a left winger with left a left winger. Not really controversial and it was to keep the shape. We were relegated that season not because of those 10 mins but the prevailing hundreds and thousands before that.

Moniz wanted technical players, what he got was Branston specials. I'd love to see what Moniz could do with this squad

Moniz was crap..

Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast