+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    The idea you’re qualified to manage a team in the fifth tier but not the fourth tier is a bit stupid. I get why they exist and for the most part they’re good for developing better coaches, but in the case of someone like Maynard or Marc White at Dorking who has worked their way up through the non-league system, I’m not sure we really need to have a rule where they have to go and get a bit of paper to go any higher.

Would be like making Langstaff go back to striker school before he could play this season.
    Mmm, am with you on that.

As for Karl Robinson, I just don't see us ever going for someone like him whilst the brothers are in charge. A quick Google tells you he's been banned from the touchline at least 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Look at his profile and you'll see he's been at 10+ clubs all (bar 4 games) within a few miles radius of his place of birth
    I think he'd get a nose bleed coming up to Nottingham, and maybe his mum wouldn't let him anyway.

Only joking, but we do need someone who can settle in the area I think
    As a part time player, yer not going to upsticks for a part time wage are you?

Maynard’s Wealdstone losing away from home today but with 69% possession and they’ve conceded a penalty. Very much the continuity option.

Good win for creepy at Bradford, Mansfield could have gone top today, whoops 🤭 😬

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Good win for creepy at Bradford, Mansfield could have gone top today, whoops �� ��
    Crewe have gone above us though and Barrow are another 3 more points ahead of us.
    Last edited by marky; 06-01-2024 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I made no secret that i wanted Karl Robinson. Annoyingly he's gone to Salford, who are leading already. He will take them up within 18 months. We have one chance of getting Eustace and that's no chance. Ainsworth doesn't fit our model at all. I think it will be either Stuart Maynard or Brian Barry Murphy.
    Yeah, great day for Salford.

Karl Robinson leads by example and gets red carded, and they manage a 2 -2 home draw with Forest Green with a 91st min penalty to equalise.

Glad he's nowhere near ML, well until 23rd March anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Whoever gets the job they will find a very capable attack and midfield already in place so if he/she/it knows what a defence is and how to shape and organise one he/she/it'll do for me.
    Greame Murty has suddenly hit the betting and is in at 3rd fav this would be some coup looking at his PPG ratio on Transfermkt.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Greame Murty has suddenly hit the betting and is in at 3rd fav this would be some coup looking at his PPG ratio on Transfermkt.
    Remember that was Rangers not even in the SPL

Anyone betting on Notts’ next manager at this early stage is a lot braver than me. The first thing I have to do after most managerial appointments these days is a Google search - for the new Plymouth manager, Ian Foster, for example.

A good win away for Crawley….still one of the best footballing sides we’ve played this season (twice)….worth a punt on their boss?

Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast