+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    But surely all coaches aspire to being a Head Coach?

I still think they'll not be from these shores...
    Yeah maybe they'll be abroad mate you're right. I think some coaches just want to coach, not everyone wants to pressure of being the man.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’ve got a feeling it won’t be him but also not sure the qualification will effect it, like anything you can have people that have qualifications but can’t put it into practice and people like him that appear they have without the qualification, the owners have a another tough decision to make with us not hiring someone off the usual merry go around if that is the case again. I keep going on like a broken record but I think leadership skills should be the first priority, that was the key difference between LW and IB.
    Personally i thought the key difference was LW had much better players as in Langstaff , Scot and Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Personally i thought the key difference was LW had much better players as in Langstaff , Scot and Jodi
    I agree he had better players but he defo had top leadership and communication qualities.

As I said a few weeks back at the fans forum the clarity of his answer in terms of short corners was elite that is why he is a coach and idiots like Sutton/Neville are gormless pundits.

For me it was the intensity he installed, especially off the ball and I think that’s why we picked up our away form.

For me it was the intensity he installed, especially off the ball and I think that’s why we picked up our away form.
    Agreed, I found IB to be quite arrogant without any justification and I imagine the players had trouble connecting with him. LW, on the other hand, was humble yet confident and knew what made the players tick.

I'd put money on our new head coach not being anywhere near the betting list until a day or so before he is appointed.

I've come to the conclusion that our best defender was ............. Matty Palmer. He never made any goal line clearances or last ditch tackles, but his constant harrying stopped a lot of attacks from starting and gave our back three the protection they don't have now. We are still good on the ball, but we're not very good off the ball.

Bet any money that the first thing the new person does is give structure and emphasis to defence.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    How well do foreign managers perform lower down the levels?
    Seems risky to me. Moniz and Backe didn't exactly set L2 on fire..... and then there's Thordarsson.
    Because they inherited a team stuck in 4-4-2 british system of playing. This team is possession based and more technical and more suited to a foreign coach than most of the names in on the bookies list. The idea is you stick with an identity that doesn't change. So a new coach can slot straight in and you don't have to change the complete playing staff to suit a new coach.

Morten Dahm Kjaergaard now 1/3

Morten Dahm Kjaergaard now 1/3
    Doesn't have a Wikipedia page and manages a Danish 3rd tier team.

Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast