+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Was LW overrated

Was LW overrated

Ok i fully expect a pile of abuse but i am going to suggest he was not the messiah people think he was.Great he got us promoted but lets be honest we used up 10 years good luck in the play offs.He had some great players at that level.IB developed Ruben ,our recruitment team signed Macca etc.Yes hugely entertaining football but our crowds this season are down to a combination of post covid,forest fans who cant afford to go,post play off euphoria.I regularly go to away games and the weaknesses have not been addressed.Ok perhaps the players are not good enough but there is a general lack of organisation.I am not that upset about him going i think there will be another guy out there who will kick us on.Our success in the last 18 months is primarily down to the owners ,the recruitment team and the level of professionalism in place.LW was good but not great.

It's fair to say we'll have a better idea of the merits of Luke Williams if he continues his run of success at Swansea, but what I can say for certain is that his teams have played the most entertaining and fluent football I've ever seen from a Notts side, consistently. I haven't looked forward to each game as much since the days of Warnock and Allardyce.

Was he helped by good recruitment and a sound structure at the club? Yes certainly, but when a team scores over 100 league points and wins the play-offs to get promoted, it's fair to say the Head Coach has done a great job. In any other circumstance except having to deal with Hollywood FC and their incredible resources, we would not have needed the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Ok i fully expect a pile of abuse but i am going to suggest he was not the messiah people think he was.Great he got us promoted but lets be honest we used up 10 years good luck in the play offs.He had some great players at that level.IB developed Ruben ,our recruitment team signed Macca etc.Yes hugely entertaining football but our crowds this season are down to a combination of post covid,forest fans who cant afford to go,post play off euphoria.I regularly go to away games and the weaknesses have not been addressed.Ok perhaps the players are not good enough but there is a general lack of organisation.I am not that upset about him going i think there will be another guy out there who will kick us on.Our success in the last 18 months is primarily down to the owners ,the recruitment team and the level of professionalism in place.LW was good but not great.
    I think he was an improvement on IB but I've said before, IB never had Langstaff and Scott. He had Wooton who scored goals but can't half be wasteful in front of goal

Whatever people think he has been great for Notts in the short term and unfortunately we will never know if he could of built on that but I must admit we look disjointed at times and he had little influence in correcting it so perhaps that had a bearing on him leaving for pastures new to a club that might have the resources he can work and excel with, just a thought.

One of the best things he did which mirrors what Wenger did for Henry was switching Macca from a wide player to a striker, a master stroke.
    So it was all the recruitment team etc. that was responsible for our success we might have well employed Fullaton or Sheridan if that’s all it took.

3 posters her with a total of 3 posts between them....

I've been reading some comments on Stagsnet about him (I know, I know) and they're generally saying they don't understand the adulation we showed towards him as he got us out of a division we shouldn't have even been in the first place and has lost 10 League matches this season, along with he defensive issues. Think we've got to simply hope that Yes he was over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    3 posters her with a total of 3 posts between them....
    At least they can spell…

Quote Originally Posted by magpike View Post
    at least they can spell…
    lol

Anyone that abuses an opinion is wrong, I think LW would have got us to at least Division1 in the next 2 years at the most. He was/is a good manager and a decent bloke, pretty rare in todays society.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast