+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradford City

Bradford City

Ive just watched them lose to Notts County and it got me wondering. For at least a decade, im sure its longer, they have been getting gates of 15 20 25 thousand per home game, and have got absolutely nowhere.

In div 4.

Then theres season ticket money, sponsorship, food and drink money, supporters club money and god knows what else.

As far as i know, no Bradford fan has the wit to ask questions, something is VERY wrong. Where is the money going?

Anyone know an inside story? or know of something? If i were a Bradford fan my patience would have run out a long time ago.

Their fans let you know how big they are because of those large crowds and come across as having a sense of entitlement. They’ve spent money poorly for years. They picked up nicely in the second half yesterday and Cook could/should have had at least one more, just too late after conceding 4.

Stafford Heginbotham the chairman at the time of the disaster seems to be the unluckiest man in Britain,the Guardian done an article about him and the number of previous fires (8) owned by or associated with him.

Crikey. I presume you know Heginbotham was an insurance man, and that being unlucky had nothing to do with it. It adds up to deliberate homicide, i bet it didnt upset him at all, proving it would have been impossible. Death by incineration, o dear!. For a few quid. He probably thunk people would have time to escape.

I notice Pete you read the Guardian, notice my severe dissaproval with you reading a paper that deserves to be toilet roll.

Im trying to be entertaining. I trust you are well.

Always stuck in my mind so googled it and the Guardian link came up.
    Been fighting Stomach cancer for 20 months and latest scans show they think its spread to my lungs and bones so having a biopsy on the 30th to see what the way forward is,keeping positive though.

Im sorry to hear that, were all at that age, that doesnt make it any better, but there you go. Ive got, or had Mesenteric Venous thrombosis, a rare nasty illness, so your not on your own. My good news is that its gone, or the clot has, i have no underlying cause. Which is a miracle. Its meant to have one or more and is degenerative, progressive, and the death is horrible.

I was told in hospital that i had thick blood, ive forgotten its name, so having got home i aked again if i had that during a telephone consultation. No i did not, again amazing, i can only put it down to a greater power, and having asked. There is a video that might explain it, ill see if i can find it again on you tube, its about the unconscious mind.

Thinking positively is your friend, thinking negatively is not, these are the steps to using your unconscious mind, there are four steps, what have you got to lose? Step one is to see your body in your minds eye as being free from disease. Step two is to feel how being free of illness would feel. Step three is to believe you are illness free.

Step four is to believe that it has already happened. If you tell yourself " I will be illness free," it wont work, as the unconcious mind is literal, it works now, in the present, and will begin to bring your wish into fruition.

Saying to your self i will be illness free suggests it will be in the future....sometime. There is a heap of literature on it if you want to explore. Your mind is all powerful, start using it, properly, your world reflects what you think. You probably think all of this is hooey, fair enough, i have a belief, you might not, having said that having a belief is not needed.

What you think goes. Maybe its not my time, it will be though, im 66, any of us could be taken tomorrow, i think the posters on here are all older. Being taken will bring no complaints from me, ive done my best, very little to beat myself up for, and honestly, relief.

I carry a Rosary in my pocket, it reminds me to connect with the universe in a good way, wear a wrist band, a ring, anything to remind you to what amounts to prayer, your mind needs to be changed. For the better. My best wishes go with you.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Always stuck in my mind so googled it and the Guardian link came up.
    Been fighting Stomach cancer for 20 months and latest scans show they think its spread to my lungs and bones so having a biopsy on the 30th to see what the way forward is,keeping positive though.
    Oh my word…. Sorry to hear that Pete… try to stay positive and I prey it goes well for you 👍

Frank’s right Pete. The oncology section at the BRI in Bristol did a load of research on positivity and it works. Keep the faith and stay strong buddy.

Thanks for all the kind words,getting my biopsy done on the 30th and hopefully get the results shortly after with a plan of action,agree with all the comments about positivity as im sure its a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words,getting my biopsy done on the 30th and hopefully get the results shortly after with a plan of action,agree with all the comments about positivity as im sure its a big help.
    Just seen this fingers crossed 🤞 for you Pete. KTF.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)