+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton.

Joey Barton.

Any point he has about tokenism is being lost in his relentless nasty tweets, picking fights with anyone that challenges him and calling people ****s and comparing female pundits to Fred and Rose West.

My feeling is that he is playing the villain to sell a podcast or YouTube channel.

I agree that Aluko is a terrible pundit. I counter this by not watching the pundits. I do the same for Savage, Owen, Carragher and Keown.
    Listening to their analysis at HT/FT isn’t mandatory.

It’s a shame he’s gone down the route he has because at the begging he had a point.
    He’s now just sounding senile.
    I am fed up of all this woke tick boxing stuff though.
    Aluko is the classic example of it. She’s useless and that’s been kind.
    Nothing to do with her skin colour which she accuses people of when they challenge her.
    Personally I don’t like women commentators or pundits as a rule and if that makes me ***ist so be it.
    I do like Emma Hays though she’s done and talks a good job.

Whilst extreme Barton's rants are attracting a lot of support.

Career suicide though

Yes he has gone too far and digging himself a bigger hole each day.
    I believe he’s done all this on holiday from the beach at an exotic location which makes it very odd. Has a rant and then says he’s off snorkelling.

He has tried to clarify things by saying he’s just against people who aren’t up to the task including targeting white male pundits too.
    He’s also supported the ‘me too campaign’ and other causes in the past
    But it’s all the other comments he’s making that,s made him toxic and effectively unemployable

Furthermore I’m not sure his views on the Harry Pitman murder are appropriate given where his brother is and why he’s there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmAi9XmlIo

Looks like Joey has had a good tutor!

I agree with just about everything he says. He's one of a dying breed who isn't afraid to speak his mind. Not many left now and eventually there will be non.

*none

Eni Aluko: ‘Richarlison has 19 goals in 40 games, you do the math that’s a goal a game’

To be fair Ms Aluko did recommend that we do our own computation in case there’s an error somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I agree with just about everything he says. He's one of a dying breed who isn't afraid to speak his mind. Not many left now and eventually there will be non.
    Fred, Rose, both or neither?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast