+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowan FA Shrewsbury v Wrecsam

Cowan FA Shrewsbury v Wrecsam

Tasty match! Really beginning to dislike Wrecsam

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Tasty match! Really beginning to dislike Wrecsam
    Why?

Must admit that it’s the first time I’ve watched a match with subtitles 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Why?
    I’ve never really liked them after watching us against them over the years but now I feel the same way that I do for Salford.

It’s the attention they get that annoys me.

How many documentaries and mini series do they need?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    It’s the attention they get that annoys me.

How many documentaries and mini series do they need?
    That’s Reynolds getting his money back. When people get bored of the tv series and he realises how much his little project is costing him he will drop Wrexham like a ton of bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    That’s Reynolds getting his money back. When people get bored of the tv series and he realises how much his little project is costing him he will drop Wrexham like a ton of bricks.
    If you recall the first series, end of the first year it cost them £12 Million...ouch! This season will be more expensive as they've spent a lot buying up the entire land surrounding the ground for further development. Plus a bigger wage bill with bigger names coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    I'd disagree with you on that. I don't think he will drop them as they are a very small part of his portfolio and I think he has a genuine interest in the project as part of the redevelopment of the town. Anyway, with his track record of business successes there's a high likelihood he'll take them all the way to the Premiership and even win it eventually.

We might be experiencing the Wrexham rollercoaster first hand in just a few months

He's raised the profile of the club artificially sure.

So has everything single club over the past 40-50 years.

I don't begrudge them their "bought" sucess. He got the club for free, he's spent a realistically "small" amount of money and through raising the clubs profile through the shows etc. He's made it self sustaining....for now.

I'm sure they'll be in a better place in 20 years for his ownership than they were 5/6 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast