+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Farmers

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You're right about the media coverage.

Nothing on mainstream news here about it.
    Throwing soup at the Mona Lisa has changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Throwing soup at the Mona Lisa has changed that.
    yes, the BBC reluctantly comment on it

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...U&opi=89978449

We had an interesting drive down to Toulouse yesterday. It took us 6 hours through the countryside using the phone App MAPS as a guide. The rouds were pretty empty all the way town to Montouban where we encountered some diverted motorway traffic. Still on the way down the traffic was flowing as there were few tractors on blocking anything although their debri (hay bales, plastic waste and tyres) were stocked up at roundabouts.

We listened to the radio where we heard that the main reason for the protests was against cheap imported goods that were unfairly given a price advantage by the EU because they weren't actually produced in the EU.
    For example, Fruit was entering the EU via Turkey who aren't held to the same safety standards as French Farmers and are being sold cheaper. The Ukraine has been given temporary access to the EU markets but agaiin the saftey standards or norms aren't met by the farmers in the Ukraine. None of the farmers in the EU are happy that these products have been allowed in at such a low price making it impossible to compete. The Ukraine was said to be supplying Europe with chickens at a cost of 2€ less per chicken than it is possible to produce a chicken in France. However the money trail has been followed back to oligarchs who are profiting from the situation.

We were stopped by some young farmers in high spirits on the way up. They are in it for their futures and said that they didn't care how long it lasted.

Hearing my accent they also asked me where Brian was! If you know you know

In Canada the Freedom train seems to be movng again!

https://twitter.com/JimFergusonUK/st...17604106191327

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    In Canada the Freedom train seems to be movng again!

https://twitter.com/JimFergusonUK/st...17604106191327
    I think we’ve got us a convoy. 😝

We had an interesting drive down to Toulouse yesterday. It took us 6 hours through the countryside using the phone App MAPS as a guide. The rouds were pretty empty all the way town to Montouban where we encountered some diverted motorway traffic. Still on the way down the traffic was flowing as there were few tractors on blocking anything although their debri (hay bales, plastic waste and tyres) were stocked up at roundabouts.

We listened to the radio where we heard that the main reason for the protests was against cheap imported goods that were unfairly given a price advantage by the EU because they weren't actually produced in the EU.
    For example, Fruit was entering the EU via Turkey who aren't held to the same safety standards as French Farmers and are being sold cheaper. The Ukraine has been given temporary access to the EU markets but agaiin the saftey standards or norms aren't met by the farmers in the Ukraine. None of the farmers in the EU are happy that these products have been allowed in at such a low price making it impossible to compete. The Ukraine was said to be supplying Europe with chickens at a cost of 2€ less per chicken than it is possible to produce a chicken in France. However the money trail has been followed back to oligarchs who are profiting from the situation.

We were stopped by some young farmers in high spirits on the way up. They are in it for their futures and said that they didn't care how long it lasted.

Hearing my accent they also asked me where Brian was! If you know you know
    You forgot to mention we had a chat whilst on your drive... Glad to hear from you again and all was well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    You forgot to mention we had a chat whilst on your drive... Glad to hear from you again and all was well.
    Yeah it was a very strange day 😂

Got my car scraped, had to drive round piles of plastic, drive one the cars-way and got snapped at by a police man who eventually saw the funny side of things when I asked him why he’d not brought a shovel to move the manure in the road.

Pissed off about the car thought 🤬 but the story behind it will take at least two beers to explain 😂

The perfect location.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast