+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Farmers

O/T Farmers

OK I know what most will be thinking of me by now but this really needs your attension. You can draw up your own conclusion or wait until it comes onto the Main Stream Media but I believe that this is something you can't ignor.
    A few months aho we whitnessed the fight and plight of the Dutch farmers and the proposed need for them to reduce the nitrates by culling life stock and other means that the farmers say will bankrupt them and force them to sell their land.

You may have seen the so called need for Ireland to cull their cattle in the aim of the reducing emissions by 2030

https://www.econotimes.com/Ireland-M...argets-1657436

Today a massive movement has started in Germany. The German Farmers and the truckers are joining forces to close the country down!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1744140406697140311
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1744267611527946517
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1744260201178353877
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1744162342404063420

This is in addition to what is happening in Poland with the truckers blocking off roads!

On the back of this the Farmers in France are ready to protest with all of the village signs being turned upside down. They know that they need to piggy back onto other demonstrations.

This morning I scanned the TV stations and looked through as many as my networks allowed me and I saw nothing about this action!!

The WHO, WEF, UN and their sponsorers may have something to do with this!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1744100496422433267

A very personal response from me, but the less we rely on animal produce the better, in all aspects of life. Not a popular view I know, but it is a broad direction of travle, especially for the younger generation, and whilst there will be environmental issues with other types of food production, the further away we get from our meat and dairy heritage, the better.

Hope they make a good fake cheese soon though. Do it soon Psycho Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    A very personal response from me, but the less we rely on animal produce the better, in all aspects of life. Not a popular view I know, but it is a broad direction of travle, especially for the younger generation, and whilst there will be environmental issues with other types of food production, the further away we get from our meat and dairy heritage, the better.

Raging I don't eat much red meat now. Fish and chicken mainly and lots of locally grown veg. What has happened with deforestation and the amount of land needed to support the life of a cow is too much.

This isn't only about the production of meat though. Our food prices will rise again and the availability will suffer if the farmers aren't providing the food.

I have been tracking this for a few years now, it is very worrying what is happening to farming globally. When we get the so called leaders telling us we have to reduce food production by as much as 30% due to climate change!! when we have officially 100s millions of people starving in the world, it indicates there is a bigger agenda and not one that is good for the regular people. As for ragingpups view on animal products, that is a very 1st world view, I have no issue with individuals chosing a certain non-animal product lifestyle but if you think enforcing such a policy is possible for the world you are living in a fantasy world. We in the wider west are lucky and food comes easy to us, remember less than 100 years ago what famine did following the Bolshevik revoulation, where people ate their own children.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

What do you think of lab grown meats?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I have been tracking this for a few years now, it is very worrying what is happening to farming globally. When we get the so called leaders telling us we have to reduce food production by as much as 30% due to climate change!! when we have officially 100s millions of people starving in the world, it indicates there is a bigger agenda and not one that is good for the regular people. As for ragingpups view on animal products, that is a very 1st world view, I have no issue with individuals chosing a certain non-animal product lifestyle but if you think enforcing such a policy is possible for the world you are living in a fantasy world. We in the wider west are lucky and food comes easy to us, remember less than 100 years ago what famine did following the Bolshevik revoulation, where people ate their own children.
    China starved 45 million people in their great reset.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/w...explainer.html

Laboratory/factory grown meat using animal DNA is already happening here in the UK - place in the Midlands comes to mind - so called ‘dark factories’ - many food and non-food products will be produced like this in the future - farming/land use will change whether folk like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    1. Which leaders are calling for a 30% reduction in food production? My reading of it is that it is a 30% reduction (in Ireland's case linked to the article posted) in agricultural emissions that "are mostly from nitrous oxide from the use of nitrogen fertilizer and manure management and methane in livestock.". Where does it claim that any leaders want a 30% reduction in food production overall?

2. Where in 'ragingpup's view' am I arguing for an "enforced" policy? I am simply saying that the further we get away from animal/dairy based production, the happier I would personally be, but there are other considerations, as frog says, such as impact on food prices overall as well as the democratic oppoosition of other folks to such a move. I'm not forcing anything on anybody, as I said it is just a personal opinion to move away from that in the long term. I will vote for parties that put this in as an aim as part of a well balanced offer.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast