+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Rams v Bradford in the BSM Trophy

Matchday thread: Rams v Bradford in the BSM Trophy

Low gate expected, as per usual for the early stages of this trophy. Should we get through I expect a bit more interest in the 1/4s, yet more should we reach the semis and we'll sell out 40K for Wembley, should we get there.

I expect a much changes starting XI against a Bradford side who are currently 14th in L2. Most of last weekend's bench sitters will start, IMO along with a spattering of young uns (21s play on Friday and the 18s on Saturday). Fapetu to start in MF and Brown up top alongside JJ. Weston and Robinson on the bench.

I expect a win, 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Low gate expected, as per usual for the early stages of this trophy. Should we get through I expect a bit more interest in the 1/4s, yet more should we reach the semis and we'll sell out 40K for Wembley, should we get there.

I expect a much changes starting XI against a Bradford side who are currently 14th in L2. Most of last weekend's bench sitters will start, IMO along with a spattering of young uns (21s play on Friday and the 18s on Saturday). Fapetu to start in MF and Brown up top alongside JJ. Weston and Robinson on the bench.

I expect a win, 2-0.
    I hope we take this relatively seriously, I want a trip to Wembley this year but NOT a playoff final!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I hope we take this relatively seriously, I want a trip to Wembley this year but NOT a playoff final!
    I get where you're coming from AF but I'll take any and all success any which way it comes. I want to win the BSM and go up via the autos. If promotion has to be via the playoffs, so be it, as long as we go up.

A playoff final versus posh with their speed? No thanks, however, I expect them to lose between 2 and 4 of their better players this window which should be enough to see them go off the boil.

Noises coming out of PP seem to suggest we're not getting rid of Max or Cash although there is, apparently, a fair bit of interest in NML and I hope that interest goes away.

Yep, I haven't been that interested but probably would be if we get to Wembley

Sorry...Micky Mouse trophy...always better to win than lose...but it’d seem a little hypocritical to go to Wembley for the final of a competition none of us actually respect or want to be in.

I get what you are saying but look at crowds for the efl and even FA cup early on, same argument surely applies. I bet most of us would want to go to one of those finals but probably couldn't be bothered to turn out in round 1 etc to watch us play rochdale

Also how about the play off finals if we got there. Probably get 35 to 40k tickets but maybe less than 30k actually attended a game throughout the season.

Take your point Sith, but I can feel pride at achievement in the EFL and FA Cups. The BSM Cup or whatever it’s called is, for me, just a measure of how far we’ve fallen. I’m always pleased when we win but can’t get excited at competing against L2 sides and kids teams.
    I did travel to the old Wembley for the Anglo-Italian Final but that seemed to have some sort of originality, teams from both countries took it seriously and I did go to all the qualifying matches at the BBG which, as far as I remember, were fairly well attended.

3-0 btw, but quite happy to bow out and concentrate on what matters.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-01-2024 at 06:31 PM.

To be fair I don't know what I'd do if we got to Wembley in any competition. I'd want to go but my Dad isn't really upto a Wembley trip anymore so I'd probably stay at home and watch with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I get where you're coming from AF but I'll take any and all success any which way it comes. I want to win the BSM and go up via the autos. If promotion has to be via the playoffs, so be it, as long as we go up.

A playoff final versus posh with their speed? No thanks, however, I expect them to lose between 2 and 4 of their better players this window which should be enough to see them go off the boil.

Noises coming out of PP seem to suggest we're not getting rid of Max or Cash although there is, apparently, a fair bit of interest in NML and I hope that interest goes away.
    We had better hope that Toney stays at Brentford then, as reports suggest Posh are in line for a multi million pound bonus if he is sold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)