+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Set up against Grimsby

Set up against Grimsby

If Jimbo is in charge for Saturday how do you think he will set the team up?
    I think he will include Scott Robertson but will he try to play the same way or alter the formation?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I think he will include Scott Robertson but will he try to play the same way or alter the formation?
    No idea what his style would be, but if it were me stepping in with zero experience coaching a first team, I'd be wary of making major changes to our system or personnel. I hope he tries to tweak the way we've been playing to make us more resilient.

I think he will keep the same shape as that is what we are used to.

Our squad pretty much suits 3 at the back we dont really have a LB well unless Chicksen is fit.

Personally I hope someone new is in dont want temp coach for too long.

As long as he instills a fraction of his desire and commitment to winning every battle out on the park that he normally shows then I have no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I doubt the Bros would allow him to change the shape of the team but who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I doubt the Bros would allow him to change the shape of the team but who knows!
    Surely, in that case, they wouldn't have bothered announcing a caretaker. Surely one of them would do it, what's the point of a head coach?

Maybe what Banjo means is that he'd be a fool not continue what the bros brought in with IB and LW, and what they've been mastering in training/games for the last 3 years

JOB is often the one giving out LW's instructions and letting people know when they don't, swinging play from side to side in particular. And I doubt Alves and Weal are saying 'right, time for 4-4-2' either.

The squad are conditioned to the system, can't see it being changed.

If in doubt - kick it out, otherwise carry on with what they are used to.

We need to tweak things slightly to be more resilient especially away from home but I was saying that with LW as well. Can't afford to keep giving daft goals away, dread what this place will be like if we're 2-0 down after 10 minutes on Saturday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast