+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverness v United

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Don’t care how they do it, but we need to win, no matter how.

Disappointing as Saturday was and the failure to take advantage of RR dropping points, conversely it could have been even worse. I feel that we’ve dodged some serious bullets latterly with Saturday and the draw at QP as if Rovers had beaten Ayr, Arbroath and even taken a point at Airdrie which let’s face it was by no means inconceivable, we would now be in a world of schit. Indeed, we’re incredibly fortunate that a win on Friday somehow manages to put us back top frankly………………….

Raith dodged the same bullets, our game was in the balance until ref took over, so works both ways, but yea in the end the only positive was same result, no ground lost

Friday away will be tough but if we can grind out a win would be huge going into a mini break

Friday is massive.

We can’t get complacent about the risk of letting Raith open a big lead that we cannot close

Not sure who is available but …

Walton

Grimshaw Holt Graham McMann

Kai Doc Tilson Middleton

Watt Grieve

But also this constant predictable style of play has to be shaken up. the girls brigade (if it still exists) can see whats coming.

I'm quite concerned about this one. *assuming* we will be without Gallagher, Docherty, Moult and Sibbald, I don't see us fielding a team that can win up there. A draw is perhaps the best we can hope for, then regroup in the two weeks before the next game. Hopefully the injured players will recover and Sibbald will be available again, although I don't know what the story is with the totting up of yellow cards as he's had a few.

As I say, that is assuming these guys are all missing - I don't know that they will be. I also don't know how McMann is getting on but I was surprised to see him start against Morton.

I have to say, the Docherty situation is getting mighty frustrating. It seems like over a month now we've been hearing that he won't quite be ready for this game but probably ok for the next one. Then the next game comes around and it's the same story.

Got a bad feeling about this game

Let it snow. Would mean a handy wee winter shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    But also this constant predictable style of play has to be shaken up. the girls brigade (if it still exists) can see whats coming.

Tbh, we failed to score in two games after a run of 20 without failing to score and people weren't happy with the attack, we've since managed 8 in the last 3 games, it was the defence that let us down vs Morton

On reflection, we still should have and deserved to win the game, was an even first half that we done well to get back level in and finished on top (against a defence that had kept 4 cleansheets in the spin), second half was all Utd and no way deserved to lose the half or game, could play that second half ten times and Morton would go onto win 1-2 times at most, that's football, not helped by the utter crap ref

Need to not panic and go for Inverness tomorrow, despite their win they aren't in good form, we might not be full strength but we haven't been since Oct, still winnable, and worst case we have 15 days to regroup, get guys back fit and the signings into training in leaf up to Dunfermline game

Teams have kind of sussed us out a bit, that's why getting a couple of players in this window is so important. Raith are our main rivals for the league but I also think teams are beginning to suss them out a bit as well. On the back leg of the season, teams will be setting up against Raith, the same as they set up against us....(defensively, time wasting, breaking up play with niggly fouls) That inevitably becomes harder to breakdown. Teams know that Raith are dangerous in the last 10 minutes of the game and are adapting their game plan accordingly.
    What we really need to do is to kick on and get another wee run of wins under our belt and to try and get Raith dragged into a battle for the play off places...because that is where teams will lose points. We really need to put a bit of a gap between us and the rest of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Tbh, we failed to score in two games after a run of 20 without failing to score and people weren't happy with the attack, we've since managed 8 in the last 3 games, it was the defence that let us down vs Morton

On reflection, we still should have and deserved to win the game, was an even first half that we done well to get back level in and finished on top (against a defence that had kept 4 cleansheets in the spin), second half was all Utd and no way deserved to lose the half or game, could play that second half ten times and Morton would go onto win 1-2 times at most, that's football, not helped by the utter crap ref

Need to not panic and go for Inverness tomorrow, despite their win they aren't in good form, we might not be full strength but we haven't been since Oct, still winnable, and worst case we have 15 days to regroup, get guys back fit and the signings into training in leaf up to Dunfermline game
    Second half was all United ?? Don’t know what game you were watching , other than a 10 minute spell at the start of the half , we were poor and never looked like scoring , Morton getting a 3rd was on the cards and so it proved

The defence has been excellent this season, the problem is the minute there are changes, especially centre half, the defence looks weak/vulnerable, and we've not had to replace our keeper or left back this season yet either. The attack stats are misleading also, when we run over teams we are fine, when we come up against well organised teams not giving us much space such as Raith, Queens Park, and Morton recently, we have no answer and create absolutely nothing. I've got big worries going into the Inverness match, our back ups don't fill me with any confidence. This game could be huge.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)