+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverness v United

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Second half was all United ?? Don’t know what game you were watching , other than a 10 minute spell at the start of the half , we were poor and never looked like scoring , Morton getting a 3rd was on the cards and so it proved

Yes you were watching a different game, the third only on the cards after the sending off, happened within a minute, definitely affected the concentration, outwith that was never looking like anything but a draw or us grabbing a deserved winner, Morton were time wasting all half, their keeper got booked for it, we had them hemmed into their half for large spells (despite some slack passes here and there), not just ten minutes but yea we had an onslaught for a period of pinning then into their box, had most of the chances and balls into box and across the box, we missed Moult though that was unlucky really that he had to off as have no doubt we'd have got a goal with him on the park, Morton offered nothing second half apart from winning the odd throw on the left for a long throw into the box and trying to hold onto their point, them winning was a steal really based on the second half, ref helped with not giving them bookings, not giving the pen and the bookings he was giving us like mochries and the two for Sibbald

Play that second half ten times and they'd have got the win 1-2 times in the same circumstances

So we can agree to disagree

I agree to agree Shedka. At no time did I see a 3rd goal for Morton coming. The inept refereeing wore us down as the game went on and a 2-2 draw would have been 2 points thrown away. No way did we deserve to lose all 3 points. Morton smash 'n' grab. We'll get them back.

Put it this way they looked more like scoring than we did , we were no threat at all , yea ref was poor but let’s not get away from the fact we were poor

Don't believe we were dominant and deserved to win. Also thought our defence (in particular Ross Graham) was looking shaky all game and it wasn't that big a surprise Morton snatched the win.
    Ultimately though the ref decided it by wanting to make a name for himself. Happened to us so often now it doesn't even shock me anymore.

Morton carried a threat Saturday because they were winning headers in our defensive third where normally we are dominant.

I dont think he will play Grimshaw in midfield as he will see Freeman and Graham as too week in defence (it was bad enough last week with just graham)

I think it will be tilson watt and either Mochrie or Glass in the 3 and the new boy up front, not ideal but the lesser of the 2 evils IMO

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    I dont think he will play Grimshaw in midfield as he will see Freeman and Graham as too week in defence (it was bad enough last week with just graham)

I think it will be tilson watt and either Mochrie or Glass in the 3 and the new boy up front, not ideal but the lesser of the 2 evils IMO
    You claim was the weak link but the defender marking Oakley for all three goals was Holt. How was Graham the weak link? He is also playing on his “ wrong” side as he is predominantly left footed.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    You claim was the weak link but the defender marking Oakley for all three goals was Holt. How was Graham the weak link? He is also playing on his “ wrong” side as he is predominantly left footed.
    maybe its a case of they cant play together then. Holt normally fine. Am i right in saying the last time they started together was the falkirk game ?

Maybe missing someone who can talk them through a game ?

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post

I like Grimshaw and his best position is right back.

Glass and Tilson could be the sitting two in the JG preferred 4-2-3-1

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)