+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW THREAT: BARCELONA have revealed their interest in BRUNO

NEW THREAT: BARCELONA have revealed their interest in BRUNO

According to a news report today (take it for what it's worth):

Barcelona are now showing a lot of interest in one Newcastle United player who their sporting director is a big fan of.

PSG have already been revealed as a possible candidate to bid for Bruno Guimaraes, but Barcelona have now also entered the conversation despite their financial troubles.
    A new report from Foot Mercato has claimed that the Barcelona director Deco admires the Brazilian and wants to bring him to the club, but they may have to work out a player exchange deal to afford the move.

It’s been well documented that Bruno’s new contract, which he signed earlier in the season, includes a release clause of around £100m, a fee that few clubs in the world can actually afford.

PSG are, of course, one of those and have shown to be interested in bringing the midfielder to the French capital, though it’s not actually clear if the Bruno is keen on the move.

It does feel like Newcastle’s star man would be more likely to make a switch to a Barcelona or Real Madrid should they come knocking, though the belief was the Madrid don’t need him and Barcelona can’t afford him.

This report suggests that the Catalonia club could work out a possible deal that sees one of their players going the opposite way. Raphinha has been linked to a move away and Newcastle are interested, but it’s not clear if that’s who they would include in the deal.

Newcastle need a big sale to progress

It’s not what Newcastle supporters will be wanting to hear, particularly during a tough spell in the season, but the sale of a key player does feel inevitable at the minute.

It’s already been suggested that one of Bruno, Alexander Isak or Sven Botman could be made available to raise funds for what would be a huge reinvestment into the squad.

It isn’t a necessity of course, but it would be difficult for the club to consistently compete without selling anyone of worth in the near future, and they will again be limited with what they can spend next season.

Barcelona’s offer, if they are to make one, may not be what the club are hoping for financially, but if PSG were to come in with the full £100m then there would be serious conversations to be had at Newcastle.

Weaken the team to strengthen the team.

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    [B]Newcastle need a big sale to progress
    It does seem as though FFP has us hamstrung at the moment. Of all the valuable players we could sell to make some wiggle room in the transfer market, I do think Bruno is the ‘obvious’ one. He has the biggest worldwide reputation and would bring the biggest fee, other than perhaps Isak. I think he would be slightly easier to replace than Isak given the dearth of quality strikers and relative plethora of central midfielders.

Feels dirty typing it but I do think we would sell Bruno if the reported £100 million fee is received. Obviously we’d have no choice if the release clause is triggered.

By the way, nobody can tell me FFP was brought in to protect clubs from financial disaster. It was brought in to protect the elite and make it close to impossible for others to break into their monopoly.

At the end of this FY, for the summer transfer window, we will have profits from the new Adidas deal, the new Sela deal, the CL income and the TV money (after never being off the TV) and hopefully a good finish in the league.

That is going to give Howe a lot of spending power in the summer, given we don’t buy players all in one shot anymore… so any big signings will happen then.

Howe’s already said that Jan isn’t the best time for bringing in players, my hopes for the window are to bring in Kalvin Phillips and if possible win the fight to sign Guirassy… but given his small release clause (if true 17.5M) then I doubt we’ll pay the wages he might command.

I think we will do some business because I would be amazed if the board hadn’t set aside money for Jan… am sure they’d have different amounts based on still in Europe or not, but it’s been well thought out so far so I expect it will come down to players actually being available Howe wants to bring in, and those players being within the budget.

According to a news report today (take it for what it's worth):

Barcelona are now showing a lot of interest in one Newcastle United player who their sporting director is a big fan of.

PSG have already been revealed as a possible candidate to bid for Bruno Guimaraes, but Barcelona have now also entered the conversation despite their financial troubles.
    A new report from Foot Mercato has claimed that the Barcelona director Deco admires the Brazilian and wants to bring him to the club, but they may have to work out a player exchange deal to afford the move.

It’s been well documented that Bruno’s new contract, which he signed earlier in the season, includes a release clause of around £100m, a fee that few clubs in the world can actually afford.

PSG are, of course, one of those and have shown to be interested in bringing the midfielder to the French capital, though it’s not actually clear if the Bruno is keen on the move.

It does feel like Newcastle’s star man would be more likely to make a switch to a Barcelona or Real Madrid should they come knocking, though the belief was the Madrid don’t need him and Barcelona can’t afford him.

This report suggests that the Catalonia club could work out a possible deal that sees one of their players going the opposite way. Raphinha has been linked to a move away and Newcastle are interested, but it’s not clear if that’s who they would include in the deal.

Newcastle need a big sale to progress

It’s not what Newcastle supporters will be wanting to hear, particularly during a tough spell in the season, but the sale of a key player does feel inevitable at the minute.

It’s already been suggested that one of Bruno, Alexander Isak or Sven Botman could be made available to raise funds for what would be a huge reinvestment into the squad.

It isn’t a necessity of course, but it would be difficult for the club to consistently compete without selling anyone of worth in the near future, and they will again be limited with what they can spend next season.

Barcelona’s offer, if they are to make one, may not be what the club are hoping for financially, but if PSG were to come in with the full £100m then there would be serious conversations to be had at Newcastle.

to be honest, i stopped reading at "Barcelona"

this club are on their knees, they are facing a European football ban for 7 years for cheating.

The Super League was their golden goose!

Dont get me wrong, i mean no offence and everyone has an opinion but ffs do some homework before going balls deep into media speculation!

IF Barcelona sign Bruno in the next 3 years, i will suck a donkeys dlck on camera

I’m delighted our players are being linked to the most famous clubs in the world. It’s a huge compliment, not a threat and so long as we don’t have idiots writing player contracts (which we don’t anymore) then all is good.

I know Barca have are linked with him a lot but they are also massively in the **** on money.

I don't see where they get the £100 million to spring the release clause to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I’m delighted our players are being linked to the most famous clubs in the world. It’s a huge compliment, not a threat and so long as we don’t have idiots writing player contracts (which we don’t anymore) then all is good.
    Exactly this. ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    to be honest, i stopped reading at "Barcelona"

this club are on their knees, they are facing a European football ban for 7 years for cheating.

The Super League was their golden goose!

Dont get me wrong, i mean no offence and everyone has an opinion but ffs do some homework before going balls deep into media speculation!
    As I mentioned at the beginning Tanya, it's interesting to see what is being reported regarding Bruno. I think the only two clubs that are currently a real threat are 1) PSG and 2) Klopp

As I mentioned at the beginning Tanya, it's interesting to see what is being reported regarding Bruno. I think the only two clubs that are currently a real threat are 1) PSG and 2) Klopp
    I would hope that they have a clause in his contract stipulating he can’t go to another premier league club,especially those scumbags, BUT, he probably wouldn’t have agreed to that anyway, so fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)