+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: United's accounts ending June 2023

United's accounts ending June 2023

Alan Temple
    @alanftemple

▪︎ £2.8m loss (£2.4m in real terms)
    ▪︎ £6.9m wage bill
    ▪︎ £377k signings
    ▪︎ £8.1m turnover
    ▪︎ HUGE budget cut revealed
    ▪︎ Thank **** for Souttar

🆕 Counting the cost of a hellish campaign; Dundee Utd accounts for year ending June 2023 👇

https://twitter.com/alanftemple/stat...97536467714204

The difference in turnover between the championship and premiership is very stark!

talk about being financially irresponsible, surely if you are a prudent owner you set budgets and adhere to them instead of gambling on reaching the group stages of the conference league.

AKA the Asghar Accounts

If you believe everything an unqualified guy says about how to run your football club this is what you get. A hard lesson in business for the owner.

Right away the wages to turnover is disgusting mismanagement. I take it the clubs debt is up to around the £12-13m mark? Possibly more? All for the pleasure of playing in the Scottish Championship FFS!
    Wish nothing but the absolute worst for Asghar and everyone of his cabal of grifters. This will set the club back for many years to come (if we survive that is).
    I see the penny (if he can find one) appears to have finally dropped for Ogren but he has to take the hit for this. I can't believe there's still Arabs that are grateful to him, find him somewhat blameless and feel sorry for him 😳
    The sooner the club has those in charge who are competent and will actually look after it, the better.
    🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡

Well...we have 5 months left of his "5 yr plan". Never forget that " Tony is my man" and his inability to actually listen to the fans.

Lets hope that we have a buyer in the wings waiting to take over in May because there is no way this guy is gonna be throwing anymore money away beyond the end of this season.

He has been conned by TA who sold him a fantasy world where we would be printing money from a successful academy.

I am grateful that he ended ST's stranglehold of the club but this experiment has put the club back years and it's gonna take a long time to recover.

Thank god that our fans have continued to back the club throughout this disastrous few years or we may well have ended up with no club left to follow.

Owning a football club in Scotland is a very difficult business to sell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    talk about being financially irresponsible, surely if you are a prudent owner you set budgets and adhere to them instead of gambling on reaching the group stages of the conference league.
    I doubt that was ever budgeted for.

So the dealings from Asghar and Bond have led us to this point. Signing "internationalists" to cash in on them. Just like when Jackie thought we'll sign all these good youngsters and I'll get my cut. What both these parties overlooked was to sell and cash in you have to have a team playing well and getting results. Neither did and what happened in both instances, was relegation.

Imagine buying a capable goalie last January.......... Fans are the lifeblood of clubs and the owner and Sporting Director basically ignored that important piece of the jigsaw.

Somebody has made a lot of money out of this financial mess!

I am in no way insinuating that there has been any wrong doing...I just want to see who/which companies benefited the most out of our bad investments!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    AKA the Asghar Accounts

If you believe everything an unqualified guy says about how to run your football club this is what you get. A hard lesson in business for the owner.
    This is the bit i still cant get my head around, Mark Ogren being taken in by the Asghar spiel .....i cant believe a businessman like Ogren who i understand was shrewd and clever in the US building good companys and selling them for a healthy profit could have been so naive in giving full reign to look after the club. A very hard lesson indeed which i find astonishing that he was taken in the way he was considering the way he ran business in the USA.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)