+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan bates v post office

Alan bates v post office

Has anybody else been shocked by this scandal. How on earth could the post office lie to these people by telling them that they were the only ones complaining about the horizon system. 700 postmasters we’re done, some killed themselves.these in charge at the time should now be thrown in the slammer.
    Great programme and performance by mr Tobey Jones as usual.what an actor by the way.

Those responsible at the top of the post office and Fujitsu should be made to pay back all bonus received over the last 20 years, this will go towards the compensation the postmasters deserve, ultimately this comes from the public purse so they not us should pay. Also significant jail time for those found to have been involved in the wrongful imprisonment.

Fujitsu have a lot to answer for in this with constant denials about a faulty system. Artricles in Trade mags from many years ago raised rhis point. My Mum knew a couple who went into the business of running a Post Office and got caught up in all this, resulting in a jail term for one of them as well as completely ruining them financially To her dying day my Mum insisted that it was all a huge mistake knowing them as she did

The whole episode is an utter disgrace. Various parties have tried to hide the truth, and succeeded, UNTIL NOW! Hopefully, those who are found culpable will end up inside as that’s what they deserve for all the lives that they have ruined.

Totally agree with all of the above! I thought the whole thing a terrible mis-carriage of justice and the handling of it a complete disgrace when the story first broke. That it has taken a tv drama years later to hi-light that there is still no resolution and compensation for those whose lives have been ruined and no punishment for those individuals culpable is utterly appalling.

Let's hope that the shamed government's promises to now fast track exoneration and appropriate levels of compensation are kept-though it is sadly too late for too many. Not just Fujitsu who are culpable here as Ed Davey and Paula Vennells have a lot to answer for too with their handling of the matter. That Horizon IT engineer Gareth Jenkins is demanding immunity for his testimony in the matter says it all. 😡

The term gaslighting is becoming a common phrase these days and this is a great example.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    .......Horizon IT engineer Gareth Jenkins is demanding immunity for his testimony in the matter says it all. 😡
    As clear an indication as any as to whom those investigating need to lean on first. Even if he's not at the top of the food chain he knows exactly where the milk and honey are. My only surprise about this whole thing is how long it's taken to get to this point.

I remember this being reported years ago. And by years I don't mean in the last five. We had a sub post office by us which closed down well over a decade ago, excuse me as I can't recall the exact year.

The bloke who ran it seemed quite popular and they closed for redevelopment work only for it stay closed permanently. I've often wondered whether he was one of those so badly treated. What a cunch of bunts.

Fujitsu must also be held to account. There are certainly people at Fujitsu who knew of problems within their system. I have worked on the development and testing of large computer systems and if testing of systems is even remotely competent, then the errors would have been apparent. Either Fujitsu were either completely incompetent or negligent, maybe both. There must be people at that company who knew what the issues were and they have either decided to keep their mouths shut or the company has ordered them to keep silent. I would be genuinely surprised if the actions, or lack of, didn’t amount to varying degrees of criminality.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Fujitsu must also be held to account. There are certainly people at Fujitsu who knew of problems within their system. I have worked on the development and testing of large computer systems and if testing of systems is even remotely competent, then the errors would have been apparent. Either Fujitsu were either completely incompetent or negligent, maybe both. There must be people at that company who knew what the issues were and they have either decided to keep their mouths shut or the company has ordered them to keep silent. I would be genuinely surprised if the actions, or lack of, didn’t amount to varying degrees of criminality.
    Hi , Horizon are still getting Goverment contracts .

Fujitsu still do a lot of stuff for the tax system amongst other things, have heard some horror stories from people I know who work there in Telford

The issue here is that as long as we keep paying taxes no one really cares how the money is spent and the truth can be hidden easily

Same as the PPE stuff and lots of other contract awards, when I worked at consultancy that won a lot of work from councils and central govt there were a lot of shady dealings and closed awards that were made to seem open to everyone

Still goes on a lot with councils found this out when working for a private company bidding for large council contracts, there was usually an opportunity to help with writing the request for tender making it weighted towards your own bid if you know the right people or can ensure that the right people get the job to right the request for tender.

Everything I saw was a lot smaller scale (although still quite a lot) than the stuff I’ve heard ministers and MPs getting away with though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)