+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Taylor Swift gies some dosh!

Taylor Swift gies some dosh!

The big fundraiser has arrived...

https://youtu.be/mMPC9DVHOK4?si=z8UtbdNB8DGd7hr2

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    The big fundraiser has arrived...

https://youtu.be/mMPC9DVHOK4?si=z8UtbdNB8DGd7hr2

What do you think?
    Seems to be narrowing the potential pool of "investors" a bit too much.

Not sure (well I am, but trying to be polite) how successful an investor from these parts would perceive the fan-owned aspect other than for momentary publicity.
    Good to see the club trying to do something, but despite the interim CEO's recent interview, this screams almost like desperation which is a warning flag.
    I'd say any video of this nature would be better served being sent through certain channels rather than public to the world.

Getting the team back in the top 6 or win something and then timing this kind of endeavor on the heels of that would have better chance of being successful.

It's not quite as awful as some folk are saying but it's a farcical campaign given the context and mixed tones...any time Weir insists we can get by without a proper comms person at the club he can be shown this again.

1.8 million views and counting.....

I doubt that the video has been created with the sole objective of persuading a rich celebrity to invest in our club. In my view it’s a much broader showcase for what the club does beyond having a team in the SPFL, produced with a good humorous vein running through it. It portrays the club as embedded in its community and even if it is only viewed by those in the ML postcode then it will have a positive effect (although there will always be those who wish to criticise any such efforts).
    There is also the (very) long-shot possibility that it might just tickle the funny bone of someone with some spare “dosh” to think “these guys are a bit different, maybe I should have a chat to see what they might be offering for a bit of investment?” It is qa bit like going fishing and chucking some bait on the water - the bait (video) itself will never catch a fish, but it might just bring some into range of the real means (negotiations) by which we hook someone who could be a good catch.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)