+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whatever Happened To

Whatever Happened To

As we are in the transfer portal, lets look back on some of the more interesting inbounds players we have seen at the Rams. I'm not just limiting it to January portal but any purchase, so -

Where Are They Now?

#1 Liam Dickinson

Signed by Paul Jewell for twixt 750k and 1m if i remember well. Goals scored nil, appearances nil. Got rid of for rather less a year later to Brighton. Thereafter his career could best be described as peripatetic. A career further blighted by a lifestyle. A legend in his own lunchbox.

So who are your favourite occasional visitors of the last 50 odd years and why should Paul Warne avoid the genre?

Take some beating that one GP...but Efe Ambrose from Celtic might run him close. Another who, I think, made zero appearances. If only the same had been true of Claude Davis.

I know I've beat this fellah to death over the years, but MICK COOP. Seemed OK in fact almost a hero at Cov, some joker at Highfield road sent him our way with concrete soles on his boots, I saw all his home games during his 18-game horror-show, and my God he was bad. Did the only decent thing and retired, he should have done that after 425 games at Cov but player salaries at that time demanded wringing every last game out of a player I guess. Runners up, Eric Carruthers the pub brawl faced Scot, John Chedoze, arrived injured and stayed that way, and John Robertson, a legacy destroyed as the womble sank in the BBG mud

The DET has put together an XI of easily forgotten names.... https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...obably-4010770

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The DET has put together an XI of easily forgotten names.... https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...obably-4010770
    Thats fine but some of the tripe on my list is there because I CAN'T forget them

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)