+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Weimann

Andy Weimann

Bristol Post reporting Albion in advanced talks to sign him not sure if on loan or permanent.

OMG No, please not.

Funnily enough I don't mind it.

If its a short term fix, he can play as a striker or winger. Can add depth to an area we have low numbers in right now. Experienced, pops up with some handy goals. Can plug a short term hole.

As long as the deal is loaded in our favour, I'm on board with it.

I would rather we play one of the academy lads, hungrier than a journeyman like Weimann.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I would rather we play one of the academy lads, hungrier than a journeyman like Weimann.
    I watched both Malcolm and Higgins against Aldershot and neither are ready to play championship football yet, and we need a couple of new faces in now we also have very little money so although Wiemann wouldn't be my choice either by being able to do a deal that includes TGH he covers what we need at the moment and will give us more options as nobody knows if Dike will stay fit until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    I watched both Malcolm and Higgins against Aldershot and neither are ready to play championship football yet, and we need a couple of new faces in now we also have very little money so although Wiemann wouldn't be my choice either by being able to do a deal that includes TGH he covers what we need at the moment and will give us more options as nobody knows if Dike will stay fit until the end of the season.
    I was actually really impressed with Malcolm, thought he played better than Dike. It is a step up though and Weimann has the experience but a bit like Ketts I wonder if he has the desire. It might have been a clever deal though if we have limited funds. We don’t really know how we are positioned money wise.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I was actually really impressed with Malcolm, thought he played better than Dike. It is a step up though and Weimann has the experience but a bit like Ketts I wonder if he has the desire. It might have been a clever deal though if we have limited funds. We don’t really know how we are positioned money wise.
    Agree with you Boingy! I think the Aldershot game proved we have some youngsters with potential but it is, as you say, a big step up for them to play in the Championship and whilst I would like to see them being given their chances, it makes sense to try and bolster the squad with experienced players. The question around desire on Weimann's part is the moot one but I'm sure that Corberan would have made his expectations on this quite clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Agree with you Boingy! I think the Aldershot game proved we have some youngsters with potential but it is, as you say, a big step up for them to play in the Championship and whilst I would like to see them being given their chances, it makes sense to try and bolster the squad with experienced players. The question around desire on Weimann's part is the moot one but I'm sure that Corberan would have made his expectations on this quite clear.
    Corberan is so full of focus and purpose you can’t imagine him condoning something he can’t work with. Just glad his name isn’t Weiner. Too many jokes.

We’ve signed him on loan until the season’s end. This does not excite me and I am disappointed that Taylor Gardner Hickman has signed ‘permanently’ for Bristol City. I know that Carlos has been making the right calls lately but I just don’t see the logic in the Weimann deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    We’ve signed him on loan until the season’s end. This does not excite me and I am disappointed that Taylor Gardner Hickman has signed ‘permanently’ for Bristol City. I know that Carlos has been making the right calls lately but I just don’t see the logic in the Weimann deal.
    We will have to wait and see Ketts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)