+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trafford cannot command his box.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This is your problem mon ami, we don't exist in a vacuum, if we have a player who makes three mistakes a game then you will whinge about him. If the average number of mistakes a player makes per game in that league is four, then we have a good player. But that would have gone right over your head and you'd still be whingeing about him.

You need to take a more holistic view of the game mon ami, then you wouldn't need to be throwing so many hussy fits about our promising young keeper.
    Big moments and mistakes win or lose games mon ami, right now we are on the wrong end of too many BIG mistakes and that is not confined to just young Jimmy either.. However if Foster makes a mistake no-one hardly notices, your goalkeeper gets lobbed from 40 yards and it does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Big moments and mistakes win or lose games mon ami, right now we are on the wrong end of too many BIG mistakes and that is not confined to just young Jimmy either.. However if Foster makes a mistake no-one hardly notices, your goalkeeper gets lobbed from 40 yards and it does.
    I've seen most of our games this season, those I haven't seen I've watched the highlights, so I've seen us concede 42 goals, exactly two a game. Trafford can be blamed for very few of them, and certainly not the one at Bournemouth. If Muric had been in goal we'd still be bottom three.

I watched Martinez at Goodison today.

Different class.

I wonder if Pace and Kompany can look in a mirror and say selling Pope for £10 million was a really good idea.

I watched Martinez at Goodison today.

Different class.

I wonder if Pace and Kompany can look in a mirror and say selling Pope for £10 million was a really good idea.
    I watched the game as well, best keeper in the game imo, but he was very lucky to get away with that shocking pass on five minutes, if Trafford had played one out to the edge of the box like that, the sky would have fallen in on here.

The worse mistake they ever made but offset by selling wood for £20 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    The worse mistake they ever made but offset by selling wood for £20 mill.
    We got £25 million for Wood k_c which was a triggered release clause. Money well spent for the Toon because he made a big difference in their quest to stay up.

The most common mistake I've seen, and it has nothing to do with Trafford, is being robbed of possesion in our own half, often when facing our own goal, and it's led to numerous goals against us. Mistakes happen when players aren't good enough, you end up in the bottom three when your players aren't good enough and that's basically why we are where we are, nothing to do with our excellent young goalkeeper.

The most common mistake I've seen, and it has nothing to do with Trafford, is being robbed of possesion in our own half, often when facing our own goal, and it's led to numerous goals against us. Mistakes happen when players aren't good enough, you end up in the bottom three when your players aren't good enough and that's basically why we are where we are, nothing to do with our excellent young goalkeeper.
    A clueless manager is not helping either.

A clueless manager is not helping either.
    Neither are the muppets in black, two pnts against Luton, one against Villa, two at Forest, that's five they contrived to take off us with their ludicrous decisions, and that's just off the top of my head, there are more.

Neither are the muppets in black, two pnts against Luton, one against Villa, two at Forest, that's five they contrived to take off us with their ludicrous decisions, and that's just off the top of my head, there are more.
    I was sat directly in line with Jay Rod when he equalised at Bournemouth. He was clearly onside.

After 8 minutes deliberation and redrawing of blue lines the goal was disallowed.

The only thing that is clear and obvious about VAR is that it is not working.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)