+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team going backwards

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Ok Sinkov, admittedly our defence has improved but apart from that?
    We will see just how much our defence has improved at the Etihad.
    Like you CiB, I could see that Luton were the better team overall, with a player in Barkley head and shoulders above anyone we have, we couldn't lay a glove on him and he ran the show. Nevertheless we dealt with them fairly comfortably, Trafford was rarely troubled, we got the goal, JBG should have had one as well, and but for the typical referee and VAR clown show it would have been job done and we would have got the three points.

Our defence has improved, Luton were putting headers in for fun down at their place, we got lucky that game, but it didn't happen here, they had most of the game but created little. We're still a million miles away but we are making progress, it may well be too little, too late and we're going back down anyway, but I'm not going to go into meltdown over a performance that would have got us three points, and been considered quite adequate, but for another VAR pantomime.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When or if ALK do pack up and leave I'm pretty sure Burnley Football Club will be in a better position than when they came.
    What ??? You think that when ALK sell up they'll leave us a debt free Premier League club with more than £50 million in the bank, in full possesion of our ground and training centre and with no charge on any future revenue streams ?

You're having a right fecking giraffe and no mistake mon ami.
    Last edited by sinkov; 14-01-2024 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Ok Sinkov, admittedly our defence has improved but apart from that?
    We will see just how much our defence has improved at the Etihad.
    Kevin De Bruyne up next.

A Chelsea reject ran us ragged single-handedly,
    Sometimes you do yourself no favours mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What ??? You think that when ALK sell up they'll leave us a debt free Premier League club with more than £50 million in the bank, in full possesion of our ground and training centre and with no charge on any future revenue streams ?

You're having a right fecking giraffe and no mistake mon ami.
    If what you are saying is true about young Trafford we have a £50 million asset right there. ££££££££'s

If what you are saying is true about young Trafford we have a £50 million asset right there. ££££££££'s
    When you say 'we' have a £50 million asset, do you mean Mr Pace and ALK or Burnley FC ? You don't really think they are one and the same do you ? Trust me on this mon ami, when Mr Pace eventually decamps back to Salt Lake City or wherever, that £50 million will, one way or another, be going with him.

When you say 'we' have a £50 million asset, do you mean Mr Pace and ALK or Burnley FC ? You don't really think they are one and the same do you ? Trust me on this mon ami, when Mr Pace eventually decamps back to Salt Lake City or wherever, that £50 million will, one way or another, be going with him.
    After my latest brush with law enforcement/litigation matters I can only offer you a "no comment" on the suggestion that Alan Pace is anything other than benevolent in his engagement with Burnley Football Club.

It does appear to me he much prefers the delights of the Ribble Valley to the offerings that Utah can provide.

Very astute Sinkov.BT seems to think the Mormons are on some philathropical journey with BFC.As soon as the project goes teets up he will be on the next business class flight back to the US with plenty of dosh and BFC will be left with debt and probably claims on Turf Moor and Gawthorpe.
    As for £50m for Trafford-I think at the moment we would probably struggle to get our money back.

After my latest brush with law enforcement/litigation matters I can only offer you a "no comment" on the suggestion that Alan Pace is anything other than benevolent in his engagement with Burnley Football Club.
    Not really sure what law enforcement and litigation have to do with the fact that Mr Pace and ALK acquired BFC in order to make money on the deal. It's how Capitalism works, it's what businessmen do, isn't it. You don't seriously believe that Mr Pace and his business associates are living in the dark, dank, wet and miserable East Lancashire climate for the good of their health do you ?

Not really sure what law enforcement and litigation have to do with the fact that Mr Pace and ALK acquired BFC in order to make money on the deal. It's how Capitalism works, it's what businessmen do, isn't it. You don't seriously believe that Mr Pace and his business associates are living in the dark, dank, wet and miserable East Lancashire climate for the good of their health do you ?
    No comment.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)