+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tonight’s team

I was fully expecting this at 2-1 up. How many times have we saw this this season? We cannot see out games.

So frustating, yet again we've lost to a late goa.

I get why it keeps happening - tired legs, subs not up to scratch for what we need but **** me it's so gutting.

My TV got called some dirty 'kin names I can tell you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I was fully expecting this at 2-1 up. How many times have we saw this this season? We cannot see out games.
    So difficult to take, especially with the winner being in extra time.
    But, to be positive, a much better outcome than I expected. I thought that a physically tired team, with so many injuries, meaning the bench was threadbare, would be totally overwhelmed by Man City.
    Not so.
    I'm still pretty optimistic about the rest of the season.
    I don't understand the FFP rules at all, but I guess it would be better for us to be in the Europa League next year, rather than progress in the FA Cup.

Down to 10th, one point above Wolves who have a game in hand. We could be lucky to finish in mid-table

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Down to 10th, one point above Wolves who have a game in hand. We could be lucky to finish in mid-table
    Yeah man, we fought hard and were bested by the return of the greatest midfields of his generation. KDB coming back and doing what he does, what he will do to every other team twix now and end of the season.

We can't be upset about this. The performance was top quality, with subs available we would have won that match.

We're 20 games into the season. Half way (more or less) 18 left to play - 18 x 3 = 54points.

We're only 10 points behind Spurs in 5th, behind their north London rivals in 4th 11 points ahead of us.

With the players coming back from injury & no doubt we'll bring in 1 or 2 this month.

It's gonna be a strong finish to the season we'll be in the top 6 come the final knockings.

Whilst it's tough I've trained myself to not get too excited when we win or too angry/disappointed when we win.

It was a script written for KDB to come on and be the hero, to keep City's title charge on track.

Onwards and upwards. Bring on the Villa!

Lost out in the final minute for the Premiership, European & World Champions.

There is no shame in that. I was expecting a mauling 0-4 or 0-5.

I'm unhappy with this result, the players deserved something from the match. That's football!

Sh1t to lose, but the performance after the recent run of poor performances pleased me greatly & for 2/3s of that match we held our own.

A blind man can see how the time on the training pitch with Eddie, Maddog & coaches have improved the tactics and cohesion galvanising the lads.

We've gotta run of winnable games post Villa. The tide will turn and we will get back to winning ways sooner than later.

I think we scored 2 great goals, but other than that we were well beaten and the result was never really in doubt.

It’s less galling than the Chelsea game, but the same end result down to not being able to play the ball out into midfield and keep the ball when in midfield.

The key missing player was Joelinton… he missed the Liverpool, Chelsea, Luton, and came on late in the Forest game… but if our midfield is 1 player away from collapse then we really are f**ked.

That’s not a dig at Miley or even Longstaff, but I’m starting to really question the way we are setting up and training if we are so easy to push back, contain, and not have a f**king clue how to push out and keep the ball.

Against City and Liverpool you can argue their squad and available players made a big difference… but Chelsea, Luton and Forest?

We scored 2 crackers yesterday, but it was 1 or 2 touches to the goal scorer, we will not win games relying on that, and we can not expect that quality of finish even every game.

Just so frustrated now.

Quote Originally Posted by OwdBillCook View Post
    So difficult to take, especially with the winner being in extra time.
    But, to be positive, a much better outcome than I expected. I thought that a physically tired team, with so many injuries, meaning the bench was threadbare, would be totally overwhelmed by Man City.
    Not so.
    I'm still pretty optimistic about the rest of the season.
    I don't understand the FFP rules at all, but I guess it would be better for us to be in the Europa League next year, rather than progress in the FA Cup.
    Yes mate, way closer than I thought but its the hope that kills. To be 15 minutes from a win to leaving wirh fk all. May as well lost 4 nil as 3-2. I fully expected it to happen though which is a worry. There has to be a shut up shop mode from EH in these situations signalled by bringing on a particular sub. The number of points we have dropped in these situations is massive and the table would be looking much different now.

But on the up side. 2 worldies from Isak snd Gordon. Isak looks and plays like a young Thierry Henry to me.

Aye - a valiant effort and our starting front three deserve praise. Playing a squad put together before FFP and with several windows head start on us, City were very impressive and fully deserved their win.
    My target remains 6th and I’ll be well satisfied if we get there - fa cup run being a bonus.

Looking forward to seeing what this squad can do in a season with a reasonable amount of injuries and Sandro back.

(By the way, saw a post from a scouser yesterday claiming Liverpool have had as many injuries as us and that our problems are due to below standard recruitment. I sometimes wonder how many fans understand the FFP rules? 5%? With only 1% fully understanding the details???)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)