+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke City Post Match Thoughts

Stoke City Post Match Thoughts

We're toothless and Leam better find some dentures or implants in the next 18 days or this season is over Losing only 1-0 is no consolation when you come out the worst of two poor teams. The biggest shock of the day was when fans were shocked that a player who apparently didn't want to play for us in August is recalled from being the captain of a team in his preferred geographical region and still doesn't want to play for us (allegedly!).

Thoughts on today's events?

When will this wretched season end? It looks like even recalling our own player has turned into a 'Kioso Fiasco'! Stoke were not special and we were not awful,we just have no goals in us and lack the quality even other teams just above us have. Surely any business done this window must be made with League 1 in mind.To stay up we need about 1.7 ppg. Thus far we have averaged 0.66,so even if LR doubles that return,it's no where near enough!

Oh dear Oh dear.

I thought we were very poor against a very poor team. One moment of quality won the game and that was caused by us sitting so deep and panicking when we had the ball. We are so slow in transition it is easy for other teams to get back into shape, Victor is guilty of that a lot. We don't win 10% of the long throw balls, that is insane with the size of players we have, our crossing is awful and today we created nothing, no chances no shots on target, absolute garbage going forward. You would think after that team hammered us twice some of those players would really want to give it a go, but heads were down and they looked like they had accepted our fate. The fact that if Kioso is sold, Kelly out on loan we have got rid of 4 before bringing in anyone, is just a sign that LR has so little to play with, he has an impossible task. To end on a positive we are defensively more solid now and Morrison, Odoffin and Revan make a nice three.

I have to disagree with Badfellow. We were awful. No quality, too slow, no creativity. It’s painful to watch. Yes Stoke are not a good side but they are streets in front of us. We are supposed to be a Championship side and can’t even muster a shot in target against a poor side. I can only see us beating our own lowest points tally at the rate we are going.

We aren't good enough. That's about it.

We were awful. No shots on goal at home, pathetic. Where is the fight? Stoke must have looked at Hugill and Nombe up front and thought, easy day lads. Bramall has not improved at all over 18 months, in fact he is getting worse. Even Ollie is looking off the pace. Can’t imagine there is one person at the club who thinks we have even a remote chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    I have to disagree with Badfellow. We were awful. No quality, too slow, no creativity. It’s painful to watch. Yes Stoke are not a good side but they are streets in front of us. We are supposed to be a Championship side and can’t even muster a shot in target against a poor side. I can only see us beating our own lowest points tally at the rate we are going.
    I get your points but I do think we look more defensively solid and hold a more disciplined shape than we did a month or so ago but I agree with you on all the things we lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I thought we were very poor against a very poor team. One moment of quality won the game and that was caused by us sitting so deep and panicking when we had the ball. We are so slow in transition it is easy for other teams to get back into shape, Victor is guilty of that a lot. We don't win 10% of the long throw balls, that is insane with the size of players we have, our crossing is awful and today we created nothing, no chances no shots on target, absolute garbage going forward. You would think after that team hammered us twice some of those players would really want to give it a go, but heads were down and they looked like they had accepted our fate. The fact that if Kioso is sold, Kelly out on loan we have got rid of 4 before bringing in anyone, is just a sign that LR has so little to play with, he has an impossible task. To end on a positive we are defensively more solid now and Morrison, Odoffin and Revan make a nice three.
    Surely LR accepted the position knowing full well it's a League 1 rebuild job.That had to be the remit.

Thought defence and midfield were ok cept for Bramhall, not a championship player, and Rathbone, not the player he was. My motm probably Clucas. But it doesn’t matter what combination of strikers LR picks none of them are good enough for this division. None can control a ball and Nombe continually offside. My bit of optimism before the game has evaporated sadly

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast