Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
Yes it is very unreasonable. Supporters go to matches to be entertained, and with no guarantee of good entertainment at that. There is no guarantee of success for their team either. You've paid to get in and watch, no more.

You pays your money and you takes your chance. If you go to watch a film and don't like it, would you go and boycott the cinema and stop others watching it? Especially those who may have travelled 100 miles to get there,?
The clue is in the word, ‘supporters’, GP.
I go to the cinema, the theatre or gigs to be entertained. Likewise I might also go to a cricket, football or rugby match in which I have no emotional investment to be entertained but, imo, ‘supporters’ are different from mere spectators or being part of an audience.
I haven’t at any time defended the action of those who forced abandonment of last weekend’s Reading v Port Vale match, however I do feel that being one of the 27,000 (at Derby) that regularly turn up to support a team - frequently regardless of whether the action is particularly scintillating or entertaining - does not make me, or others, the ‘root of the problem’ at clubs like Reading and Derby.

Anyway...got a match to go to, a team to ‘support’ and thermals to find!