+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnsley v Carlisle

Burnsley v Carlisle

Hey kids, we're finally playing this re-arranged game this week. 👍
    I don't know why it couldn't have been played in the first place after all, to be honest.
    We need the points for our promotion push, and you lot need, errr... whatever lol. 😁

We can dream mate, and maybe we’ll start playing like when we won at Notlob earlier in the season. Possibly. Maybe.

Do we reckon Reading might have more points deducted, after what happened yesterday.
    And I was thinking the other day, when did we last play each other in the League ?. 😕

Reading are the gift that keeps on giving. didn’t they have a points deduction suspended?

It’s been a while since we last played. This one? https://youtu.be/KG_ukfq7rjE?si=y5A65K77jvXFtgLL

Yeah there was that one in the Lg cup a few years ago, but I think we last met in the League in the old Division Two, in the mid 80s. 😧

As for Reading, its hard to feel sorry for clubs like that who have put themselves in this position. Their fans however, do deserve better!.

We went into administration once and paid our debts off 100%. How many others have done that?

That was an awful time for us as well in the early 00's, a relegation followed later by administration. And we were constantly being told how desperate things were getting, with money running out and no apparent new owners in sight. 😵

What are your thoughts on Lg One this season, did you expect to be higher up in the league table ?.
    You won your Play off final at Wembley of course, but we were shafted in ours against Sheff Wensdy!.

It’s a large step-up from L2. We came to the party late after the playoff final with no real plan and from there we played catch-up. I think survival was the main aim but we still have too many L2 standard players and it’s not working. I think that we’ve conceded in 20 consecutive games and watched points fly out of the window as we have trouble scoring. Now we have money but our perennial problem still exists - we’re a bit too far north for a lot of players. My own expectation was to finish about 16th but right now that’s pie in the sky.

Reckon before the new owners took over they would have been hoping or expecting a low to middle table position.With a few extra players not half a squad wanted to cement that position with a view to cracking on next season.However given the serious situation they find themselves in they will have wished they never set foot in the place unless they stay up of course.Time to go 334 and win someone 4-3 just for the hell of it.

Joke result.

Question. Why do all the players and management shake the referee’s Hand when it’s him who’s changed the result?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)